• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Texture missing

Messages
135
Country
germany
Hello,

After some time without fsx development, I need a little bit help to find the right way back to fsx development.

First problem, I exported from 3ds max to .x file and by importing the file in Model Converter, my model is completely white. No textures are loaded.

I get the information, that the texture is loaded in the bottom of the preview window. At the moment, I have no idea, about the reason.

Thanks


comy
 
ehh yeah works fine now. I forgot that Model Converter can not import .x files directly. After convert to mdl, it works fine:)
 
Hi,

The latest version of modelconverterx can read x files as well. So it might be a bug with reading them. Maybe you can provide me the x file to test?

When the textures are not loaded correctly you see a black and white checkerboard normally. So completely white might be because of problems with the mapping.
 
Sorry Arno, I overwrited it, it is possible that the reason for this problem was an fail export, maybe something other. But in case that I get this problem again, I will send you it.

By the way, I like your ground polygon wizard with texture converter, but would it be possible, that the texture converter directly converts to DXT5? :)

That would be really useful, or maybe better, that you can choose it. ;)

regards comy
 
Hi,

The texture converter exports to DXT5 only when there is an alpha channel in the texture. Else DXT1 is the best choice and it uses that format.
 
Back
Top