• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Texture Question

Messages
400
Country
us-texas
Using FS9, FSDS 3.5, and XP:

I am confused about what I am doing wrong. I created a folder under Addon Scenery called M35-A2_2.5. Then I created the scenery and texture folders inside. All the texture colors are within the M35-A2_2.5 texture folder. All textures are Extended BMP 256 colors.

Now, when creating the M35-A2, I used the default FS9 Texture folder for my desired textures. Then I copied the textures and placed them inside my M35-A2_2.5 texture folder. Everything looks great using MCX. Open FS9 and setup the Scenery Library. Reopen FS9; truck shows perfect.

Problem: I go back to FS9 Texture folder and remove the textures I had for the M35-A2_2.5. Go back to FS9 - and you see the results in the Texture Missing picture. I did recompile in MCX after removing textures from FS9 default Texture folder. If I put the textures back into FS9, the problem goes away. Where is my mistake? Appreciate any help.

I believe I may have tripped up on the problem. I'm going to make a change in MCX on the MakeMDL Path and see what happens. The problem I'm having is using Instant Scenery. I get no textures. A bgl - I get.
 

Attachments

  • FSDS Preferences.jpg
    FSDS Preferences.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 448
  • MCX Texture Settings.jpg
    MCX Texture Settings.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Textures Missing.jpg
    Textures Missing.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Did you sort it out? MCX loads the textures from the same directory as the .mdl I think.
 
Modelconverterx will first look the folder of the mdl being loaded indeed. If the texture is not there, the rest of the search path is checked.
 
Back
Top