• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Textures / Material with Alpha Channel

Messages
42
Country
germany
Hi there, I had succes with conditions thanx to everybody also to arno I decided to use you mdl tweaker.

Now I got something else. I have made a light Pole (again in FSDS) with the light spot. In order to have the light spot real I changed the alpha value of the material in order have it transparent.

As soon as I try to compile my project into a bgl I get a error message. So I tried to make a mdl and put conditions on that but I get again error message from bglcomp.

How can I change the alpha channel or how do I use it correctly in FSDS v3 because later I want to make some cars and I guess I need the alpha channel for shining surfaces and windows

thanx maik
 
Alpha Texture/Material

Hi edox, me again. The first thing to remember is that any lights must be as shown below: That is with CAPITAL LETTERS! Whichever colour you choose 255 is visible and 0 is invisible - just play around until you get what you want. And don't forget to mark the appropriate box with a tick when you have set your alpha. Hope this helps. I am attaching an FSDS fsc file (zipped) for you to see. This light comes on at dusk/dawn only. It is just a beam of light for a double spotlight. Check the properties.

This is an extract from the MDL.doc file
BRIGHT_ The material is bright (emits light).
LIGHT_BEACON A beacon point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_STROBE A strobe point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color
LIGHT_RECO A recognition point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color
LIGHT_WING A wing point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_LOGO A logo point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_NAV A navigation point light is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_TAXI A taxi spotlight is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
LIGHT_LAND A landing spotlight is drawn, and the diffuse color is the light color.
 
Last edited:
alright thanx, that sounds that this is gonna help. I'm gonna check this soon

MAIK
 
by the way, how can I make aluminium polished surfaces and shining paints. I also want to make a car in Ferrai red

MAIK
 
Shiny Surfaces

Use the search in FSDS for 'chimney' - or go to page 8 - there is a nice long thread there for you to read.
 
Look at the top of the page - you will see the following:- FsDeveloper Community > Scenery design > 3D Objects > FSDS > Textures / Material with Alpha Channel - click on the FSDS to get the whole forum and on the right side will be the page numbers with >> - click on last or 8
 
Back
Top