• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Tiger Moth (Released)

Country
australia
All textures subject to change.

001.jpg

Country
england
Nice. Are they clickable in external view, or is that the interior model with the camera moved?

Country
australia
I'm limiting the click zones to certain camera views. For example, the covers on the wheels are clickable. If I didn't limit the views then just sitting in the cockpit would make those covers clickable and it actually overlaps some of the mouse zones that are clickable in the cockpit. So I have to limit what you can click in certain views to avoid overloading the screen with mouse zones.

At the moment I am using the cockpit views to switch between the views you need to start the aircraft so there's a right side engine view and front on propeller view to pull the prop.

Only posting this pic because of the double rainbow.

003.jpg

Country
australia
Oil pressure gauge isn't working and the turn rate needs some calibration plus the magnetic deviation card needs to be programmed but sounds are working and it flies. I've also done a lot of work on the pilot and passenger (remapping textures) and spent some time on getting the custom prop animations done (how the prop stops and manual pull through).

006.jpg

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
That picture looks just like taking off from Popham, only my Tiger was red.

Really looking forward to installing your version!

Country
australia
Where would you like your GPS?

Anywhere across the top or over on the right or right here under the panel? Or maybe you don't need it at all (visibility can be toggled by clicking on the large panel screw in the bottom right)?

007.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
I don't think your question was meant for me, but if it was then I don't need it a GPS. I like to navigate the old fashioned way.

Your instrument panel with the raised instrument faces looks fabulous.

mgr

Country
netherlands
Where would you like your GPS?

Anywhere across the top or over on the right or right here under the panel? Or maybe you don't need it at all (visibility can be toggled by clicking on the large panel screw in the bottom right)?

Personally would prefer (upper-mid) or (left bottom)

Marcel

Country
australia
@Anthony31 The bottom left option (right side of the cockpit with a slight angle) looks good and the least obtrusive! The other upper options could be a hazard during a crash, covering the padded surface... Could it be customisable depending on individual user preference?

Looking so good Anthony! The Tiger Moth was my first purchase from you for P3D and loved it :)

Andrew

Ronald

Resource contributor
Which I hate doing but at least it gives me an excuse to play computer games all day.
1 - What is there to be "hated" about flying this wonderfull bird all day long ?

Country
unitedkingdom
Would be nice if she could be made to spin, but a minor matter if t takes away development time.

Spinning is optional but recovery is mandatory.

Ronald

Resource contributor
Repaints done so time for flight testing and aerodynamics tweaking
What a great screenshot, which looks - to me - like you are having serious fun with it.