• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Transparancy

Messages
14
Country
belgium
upload_2014-10-12_23-26-24.png

Hello everyone,
FSX + Accelerationexpansion pack
What is wrong with the transparancy of the fence? If I put my plane in the fence, I do not see the part of the plane behind the fence...
I do not see the trees behind the fence, but I do see most of the buildings. Some other objects I made I don't see...

The fence is a bmp with alpha channel, with mip levels.

Or did I do something wrong in GMax?

Thanks for the answer!
 
I am not sure but try this:
In Gmax open the material editor that is for this part.
Scroll to the bottom and under Enhanced parameters check the box for Z-Write Alpha.

If this does not work then another developer will need to help since it might be that the bgl conversion needs a specific level to work correctly.
I have not created any BGL's in a long time so i am a bit rusty on alpha textures for scenery.

i am going to watch this thread since i am curious on the solution.
 
Import your library where this fence is into MCX. go over to the icon that says material editor. open that. click on the fence texture on the left side. Now- top of window click the fly-out arrow and choose 'set default transparent' then cick 'apply'
do this for any other fence texture you see here or elsewhere in the library.

Now- click on 'export scenery' click save. Overwrite? say yes. wait.
Now- if you use Instant Scenery you can do the change guid trick and not have to replace each fence in your scenery!!! Perhaps you can do this with ADE, maybe. Bob
 
Back
Top