• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Transparency with Substance Painter and Blender

Hello gents!

I've got one issue with my models lately. I was used to create Glass panes using single textures once, instead of unwrapping. This time, due to the Window pattern I am seeking, I was forced to unwrap them and paint the windows in Substnce Painter.

This said, In SP things works nicely in the pic below you can see the buildings interiors.
1617714433894.png

Also, in blender is the same.
1617714709645.png

The issue comes when exporting. No matter how I set the Opacity in the Blender2MSFS exporter. The final model IS NOT AFFECTED as you can see here
1617714795073.png

NO MATTER how I set the Blend value, I get no change in the window opacity.

The only workaround I found so far has been editing the glass UV Map with Photoshop, changing the opacity manually, and use that as a texture.

Now. If that doesn't work, what's the Alpha Multiplier slide for, if it affects only Blender's Viewport? What's wrong with this model? I'm getting a serious headache. I tried solving it until 4.00AM this morning with no success but manually editing in Photoshop, but as you can imagine I'd like to just change the value in the Alpha Multiplier to some on-the-go corrections instead of keeping 3 Editing programs open at a time.

Hope somebody can help

Chris

Hello there Chris,

With my test till now I found out the the best way to make glass work is not to use any texture!
Here are my settings for one small tower building.

Note: In Blender the glass will appear 100% transparent and with no reflections but in Game Engine it looks like it should.

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Hi @AnelToro089 ! Thank you, I sorted it re-making my Substance Painter export preset and making the glasses one sided (duplicated them and flipped normals for interiors)
Works flawlessly now and I can't get bugged any longer it seems (not that I want to😂)

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• unknown-53.png
    unknown-53.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • unknown-33.png
    unknown-33.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • unknown-52.png
    unknown-52.png
    2 MB · Views: 24