FS2004 Trees or taxi edge lights did not rotate to user

Hi all,
I tried to design trees and the row of edge taxi lights by using Plane method (I considered that create 3D objects will lost fps) . After export the model into .mdl via FS2k4 Gamepack, I used MDL Tweaker 2 created by Mr.Arno for removing the shadows, added "Rotate to User" condition then saved and compiled with bglcomp.exe . However, my objects didnt work as well, they didnt rotate by itself but started running as far as I reach to them :confused:
Whats wrong with me ? PLease help

Regard

You made running lights and not rotating lights :D or frightened lights, could be too.
No Sir, I just design edge light models . I used effect for them and they worked fine, however I want to mention about those Plane models alway far away from me whenever I try to reach them .
Should I create them at 0,0,0 GMAX coordinate ? And then export as library objects ?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The rotation is always around the 0,0 point. So if your object is not at that location the rotation will look weird.

Hi,

The rotation is always around the 0,0 point. So if your object is not at that location the rotation will look weird.
Hi Arno,
So if I want to create a row of trees or edge taxi lights like the picture below

should i have to create a unique model which is placed on 0,0,0 Gmax coordinate and then export with Rotate to user attached and make into library object ???
I want to place all my objects on the exact position (due to the postion on my ground polygon) and is it possible to do with rotate to user :confused:
I see some addon sceneries, all their edge taxi lights are rotated to user and I dont think they put these lights one by one as library object :eek:
For example, the attached pic from Thaiflight freeware scenery VTSS, extremely well done

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Yes, in that case you would have to made it a library object and place them all one by one. I don't see an easy work around for that.

The only option would be to write your own ASM code for the taxilights and then make sure that you put the rotation command around each light. It is possible, but I am not aware of tools that support it.