Trying my first scenery, FS2004 HTDA

Hi everyone, , (thanks for adding me to FSDev) , Decided to try build HTDA (Julius Nyerere International) , Formerly Dar-es-salaam International Airport (an impression of it at least). I just learned how to use sketchup, still having issues with creating arcs so i skipped those until maybe i learn more about the program. This is the progress far....also im having problem building the jetways.... Any advice is appreciated. Thanks :)

These are the curved roof thingies i got stuck on..

Hello Emmanuel

So... what's exactly the problem? Do you need some ideas on how to model those structural struts? or do you need to learn the tools inside SketchUp to accomplish that?

Dont think that exports when you finish model..so i tried tgibsons way and added textures already shaded to give a sense of depth ..will upload progress in a bit. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hello Emmanuel

So... what's exactly the problem? Do you need some ideas on how to model those structural struts? or do you need to learn the tools inside SketchUp to accomplish that?
Hi Antaris..i wanted to make the model look less flat..as in having distinct columns and beams show up when i remove all the measurement lines...as it stands when i remove them..it just becomes a big flat gray building. So i just needed tips on the texturing aspect of it. Im playing around with different shades of concrete. It is looking better. Will post today update.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just seeing if it shows up in fs9...still lots of work...got in trouble with the polygon count so i tested out one with just paint from screenshots of initial model. Is there a way to copy textures of a face of a model already built in sketchup? (other than my crude screenshot method?) otherwise il work on reducing polygons etc... but at least this one is showing up...still need to work on scale..positioning etc.