• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

TS Pro Alpha V0.028 issues

Country
us-northcarolina
0.028 fixed the rogue flattens! I'm still having an issue with the elevation being off by a point after I save, close, and re-open which is a big hassle considering the next bug...

It seems that when I triangulate and export, and make adjustments to triangulate again it will not do anything. I have to re-load the project entirely to triangulate again.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm still having an issue with the elevation being off by a point after I save, close, and re-open
Jon, please send me a file that demonstrates this problem and instructions as to how to duplicate it and what to look for.

when I triangulate and export, and make adjustments to triangulate again it will not do anything
Yes, I noticed this yesterday. It will be fixed.

Don

Country
us-northcarolina
Here ya go! Thanks so much for letting the community work with you to perfect this thing! Now if only something similar existed for Xplane :D

Attachments

• 0VG1.zip
    6 KB · Views: 191

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Don't see any issue. Are you sure it's not a Ft. vs m. issue? If it's not, please tell me how to duplicate the problem and where to look for the symptoms.

Don

BTW, v0029, release earlier includes an "untriangulate" function.

Country
us-northcarolina
Doesn't seem to be. I set the elevation to 1411 and save and close it and come back and it's set at 1411.1. A negligible amount but it throws a lot of things off. Also, I will check out the new release!

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Elevation is held in meters. There must be some shortcoming in the conversion one way or the other. It too will be fixed.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Make that 11/10. Release 0.0.30 just posted. It fixes the ft/m issue you highlighted and resolves an issue with Save Project As ... that I inadvertently introduced in this morning's release.

The ft/m issue was that I truncating the elevation at one decimal point when I saved the project. To fix your flatten, select any node in the flatten, go to the list/node editor, restate the elevation as 1411, and save the project. All should be OK thereafter.

Thanks so much for letting the community work with you to perfect this thing!
Thanks to the community for sticking with me during the trying early days. We'll end up with a higher-quality product at an earlier data than would otherwise be necessary. Barring discovery of a major fault in the next couple of days, I will re-release 0.0.30 as beta release 1.

Don

Country
us-northcarolina
Awesome! I'll grab it up. Working with 0.0.29 in the last few minutes, the clear triangulation button works fine but in order to triangulate a 2nd time after making edits, I still have to sometimes close and reload the project. It also seems that the "Save" and "Save as" buttons have their functionality switched around.

Edit: Save and Save as in 0.0.30 are working right, and my elevation is holding steady now!

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It also seems that the "Save" and "Save as" buttons have their functionality switched around.
Yes, that's the issue I introduced this morning.

I'll "keep an eye peeled" for the other issue. Can you be anmy more specific as to when/how it happens?

Don​

Country
us-northcarolina
I'll try to make note of how I'm using it before retriangulating it to be specific.