• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Tutorial for custom autogen objects

Messages
9
Country
brazil
Hi all, Does anyone have a tutorial for adding custom objects to work as autogen in Annotator. I know that I need the MDLs and these need to have drawcall batching enabled. But how can I put these custom objects in Annotator´s Library?

Thanks
 
In the sdk is an example if I remember correctly. But you need to edit the default.xml file to add your new object to a class.
 
Thanks for your reply Arno, I'm a big fan of yours. But I cannot distribute this custom autogen right? Unless the costumer change his default.xml right?
 
Hi,

Yes, the users of the scenery would need to make the same modification. Or the installer of your scenery should (as most developers do it). Changes to default.xml are quite common, but it is important the installer does a proper merge and not just replaces the existing file.
 
Back
Top