• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Using Event AILERON_TRIM_SET ….

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Looking at some old threads like
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/aileron-trim.435319/#post-724173
the event AILERON_TRIM_SET was introduced in FSX (although not documented in the SDK), and has an event value range of +100 to -100 to obtain max. AileronTrim deflection (instead of the usual -16384 to +16384 for control axis SET events).

I confirm this is true, from how I use it in FSX.

My questions: (since I don;t have P3D):
- Does this still work the same in P3Dv4.3 ??
- Is this event now documented in the P3Dv4 SDK ?? (and with what description).

By the way: the same (event value range -100 to +100) applies to event RUDDER_TRIM_SET in FSX.

Thanks, Rob

Rob, that AILERON_TRIM_SET event is not documented in the P3D v4.x SDK either, so it's a toss-up if it will actually work the same as it does in FSX.

The only AILERON_TRIM and RUDDER_TRIM events listed are the _LEFT and _RIGHT event for both aileron and rudder trim control. None of those events cite the units, but presumably they are given as a percentage.

Ok, thanks for the info.
So these events remain quite obscure ....LoL

If anyone reading this, and uses Maryadi's MV22B Rel. 2 addon in P3Dv4.3: can you confirm that the nacelles operate Okay ?
Because if so, these events still work the same as in FSX.

Rob

Works in FSX; haven't tried in P3Dv4 yet but I will need to very soon. C-code follows: the return is fed through a radian to degree converter function because I pefer to see degrees.
Code:
//**************************************************************************
// Ailerons
//**************************************************************************
double getLeftAileron()
{
    double data=0;
    execute_calculator_code("(A:AILERON LEFT DEFLECTION,Radians)",&data,NULL,NULL);
    return RAD_TO_DEG(data);
}
double getRightAileron()
{
    double data=0;
    execute_calculator_code("(A:AILERON RIGHT DEFLECTION,Radians)",&data,NULL,NULL);
    return RAD_TO_DEG(data);
}
double getAileronTrim()
{
    double data=0;
    execute_calculator_code("(A:AILERON TRIM,Radians)",&data,NULL,NULL);
    return RAD_TO_DEG(data);
}

I have confirmation that events RUDDER_TRIM_SET and AILERON_TRIM_SET works exactly the same in P3Dv4.3 as in FSX.

Rob

I have confirmation that events RUDDER_TRIM_SET and AILERON_TRIM_SET works exactly the same in P3Dv4.3 as in FSX.

Rob
Thanks for the confirmation, Rob. I'll let the folks at L-M's P3D team that they are missing in the SDK Event tokens listing.

However, both Events are listed in P3Dv4.3's gauges.h file for C gauge usage.
Code:
#define KEY_AILERON_TRIM_SET                (KEY_ID_MIN + 1195)
#define KEY_RUDDER_TRIM_SET                 (KEY_ID_MIN + 1196)

I just posted this info for L-M to see. :p

Back