Vehicles's speed

Hello everybody, does someone have an idea about limitating the autogen vehicle speed. There was in FSX a sim.cfg with a max_speed value to limit each ground or sea vehicle speed, but it doesn't seem to produce any effect.

The path is :

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\ ...vehicle name...\SIM.CFG

It would be nice to calm down all these furious drivers downtown !!!

Thanks for help !!!

An example of sim.cfg :

[fltsim.0]
title=VEH_Air_TransBus_E_Wh_sm
model=
texture=

[General]
category = GroundVehicle

[contact_points]
wheel_radius=1.35
static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=3.11 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 10 // <<<<< no effect !!!!
acceleration_constants = 0.3, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max G acceleration
deceleration_constants = 0.2, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max G acceleration

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Hello everybody, does someone have an idea about limitating the autogen vehicle speed.
You mean the traffic driving on highways, country roads and main roads? Or do you mean the traffic driving at airports, as the tanker can be called to refuel the aircraft?

If the traffic on the streets is meant, then you can adjust the speed, the pace of the cars can be changed in the file LWCfg.xml or LWCfg.spb. The file can be found here : C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

In fact it's for P3D V4.5, and the roads (outside airports), I found LWCfg.xml. I have lowered the Trafficspeed to 10 like in the lines after, which is effective, except for addon scenes : there must be specific indication and I'm looking for it.

And there is no more "maxspeed" for each vehicle. All the traffic is at the same speed.

Thanks Christian, and I'm visiting bathroemytrix.de with interest ! If you get an idea about traffic speed in the addon scenes... :)