Video Tutorial on FSX Mission Editor

I've been using Jim Keir's FSX Mission Editor (FSXME) for a number of years and find it invaluable for FSX mission development. Like many apps, however, there's quite a steep learning curve to FSXME, so I thought I'd put this basic tutorial together to help anyone who wants to get into FSX mission building and would like to get to grips with Jim's editor. Here's the link:

https://vimeo.com/62895377

I hope you enjoy the tutorial and that it gives you the confidence to try FSXME for yourself. Who knows, you could be building your own FSX missions within days!

Lastly, a big Thank You to Jim Keir, who had the foresight to develop FSXME in the first place.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

it seems like a wonderful tool but quite hard to master. i'm trying to create a race circuit using red bull style gates. i see that if i create a new mission, then in the 'new types' box i see 'race gate' listed. i just haven't figured out how to build a race circuit yet. can anyone give me a clue?

thanks

krispy1001

Resource contributor
I've been using Jim Keir's FSX Mission Editor (FSXME) for a number of years and find it invaluable for FSX mission development. Like many apps, however, there's quite a steep learning curve to FSXME, so I thought I'd put this basic tutorial together to help anyone who wants to get into FSX mission building and would like to get to grips with Jim's editor. Here's the link:

I hope you enjoy the tutorial and that it gives you the confidence to try FSXME for yourself. Who knows, you could be building your own FSX missions within days!

Lastly, a big Thank You to Jim Keir, who had the foresight to develop FSXME in the first place.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:
Hi drdavid!

Thanks, very good video tutorial!:D

Krispy1001:)

@ Krispy - glad you liked it!

@ Steve - in the tutorial I try to show how to add a simple POI into a straight A to B mission. I guess you might use the same approach, but use multiple Red Bull gates instead? You'd also need a Timer, set at the startof the race (by Prox Trigger?) and to stop the Timer at the end gate (again a Prox Trigger). I'm pretty sure that you could do this with FSXME.

Cheers - Dai.

thx drdavid

i've just realized that the mission .xml files are in the sdk folder so i'm trying to copy a rb race mission and its xml to use as a base to make a new one

Last edited:
That's a good way to learn - use a similar mission to learn how to do specific actions and edit your own mission to follow suit, but with your own scenery and plot. Good Luck!

Cheers - Dai.