Windows 10

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I guess nobody has missed that Microsoft released Windows 10 recently. I have upgraded my development laptop as well and things seem to be running fine. Until now I haven’t encountered conversion issues with any of my tools yet, they all seem to be working fine.

ModelConverterX uses OpenGL, so make sure you have the latest Windows 10 driver for your graphics card installed, but that’s the only feedback I got from some users.

So upgrading to Windows 10 seems save, from my tools point of view. I also haven’t had trouble with running FSX (Steam Edition) and the other development tool I often use. But of course I’m not running the tools of a typical flightsimmer, so don’t base your decision to upgrade as well only on my advice

Continue reading...

Good to know. I've upgraded one of my laptops and an AIO desktop to get familiar with it since I skipped Win 8 and 8.1. I'll probably wait a good six months or so before changing over my flightsim PC's to 10. I'm in no hurry. May perform it after P3D v3 is released.

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi Arno.

Is sceneproc running OK with windows 10 and 64-bit? We have a problem with shapelib.dll in 64-bit SBuilderX.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Yes, it is as far as I have seen until now. Let me double check the shp part.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Dick,

I double checked it, but no problem with the shapelib in scenProc. Both reading (through OGR) and writing (directly with the shapelib) is working fine. What kind of errors do you get?

rhumbaflappy

Staff member
Resource contributor
Hi Arno.

I get the generic SBuilderX has stopped working...

I remember Luis had problems with using the 64-bit shaplib.dll in his 64-bit v3.14 version, and had to write the DBF file with a .NET routine. It's odd that it works in Windows 7 and 8. And there is a 32-bit version of SBuilderx3.14 I made when I had the code, and that works just fine.

I think I'll leave this for Luis when he sails back into Portugal in September. I just wondered if your app was still OK in Windows10, and glad it is.

Dick

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I never had trouble with the shapelib, but of course I have two versions, depending if scenproc is running in 32 or 64 bit mode.