• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS [WIP] FS2020 support

Country
southkorea
Arno, I don't know how in the world you do all of this ... but you and the work you put out are absolutely mind-boggling. Thanks for everything you've contributed to the FS community over the years - I am confident when I say that MCX and its ridiculously powerful capabilities is the only reason why this Gmax/3Dsmax/Blender illiterate noob (yep... I use uhh... Sketchup) is still able to output decent-quality scenery for FS and P3D (and hopefully FS2020 eventually).

Country
france
Arno, you are awaited like God !
I have tried to correct the missing of Notre Dame of Paris in fs2020. My object is seen in the dev mod, I can place it carefully, but the window with the scenery comes and goes, I don't know why ! When saved, the project was seen with Notre Dame 90 degrees from its position :mad:
tried to correct the Object.xml with the right angle, no way. I missed something, but what ....
So I thought: let's wait those who know, and MCX will do the job correctly ! :)
We have hundreds of POI which are waiting to be converted and placed in FS2020 ! One per One is only possible with a tool like yours !
glad to see that you have progressed so quickly :D

Country
southafrica
The tool I missed most from MCX is being able to place objects to Coordinates, when you have modeled all your buildings to interlock , and be set at very specific elevations and positions, the built in placer is useless.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The tool I missed most from MCX is being able to place objects to Coordinates, when you have modeled all your buildings to interlock , and be set at very specific elevations and positions, the built in placer is useless.

MCX was never intended as a placement tool, since there are many good tools for that. But how would you like to place them instead? You can enter coordinates on the placement editor.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Time for a little update. I have been working on supporting levels of details and lights in the last few days. Once that is all working, I think I can release a first development release with the glTF functionality.

Country
france
Thank you Arno for the job, and it works great to create the MSFS2020 objects.
I have no night lighting in the sim, but your file saves the right Textures. I suppose that its not finished in MSFS, or do we need to light the objects with the Leds ;)??

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I haven't tested emissive textures yet, so not sure if they are supposed to work and how. I'll try to have a look.

Country
southafrica
MCX was never intended as a placement tool, since there are many good tools for that. But how would you like to place them instead? You can enter coordinates on the placement editor.
You have no idea how long it took me to find the gizmo for the coordinates. Stil a 1000 other reasons to use your exelent product. Thank you

Country
france
Hello Arno,
Thank you for your amazing work !
Is there a picture or explanation on what settings need to be done in exporter settings for MFS20 ?
Exepct FS related settings /prefered version= FS2020, i don't know what to do or link to the FS20 SDK
Sorry if you have already answered for this, i don't find it.
Thanks for your help .
Best regards

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

MCX doesn't use the MSFS sdk at this moment. In the exporter settings you find some glTFWriter settings.