• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

XML, AFCAD, where do I start?

Messages
5
Country
unitedstates
Hi all,

I am planning on building detailed airports in my local area with high-res photo scenery. I've built other virtual environments before, but have had tutorials, etc. to follow....

How do I begin making one airport with FSX_KML (or other rquired tools) that has all the buildings, photo scenery, and other terrain features?

I'm primarily interested in creating the runway, buildings, a few static planes, and photo scenery from Google Earth if possible.

Ive tried FSX_KML and have had some basic luck with making polygons, paths etc, and can see them in my FSX when I load it up. But really want more.

Can any of you point me in the right direction, where to start, etc?


Thanks to any and all!

Scribe556 (newbie here)
 
You are probably a little early in the life of FSX for all the tools you will require. There is much experimentation going on right now and tools are being written/prepared but it will be a while yet before much is available for you.
 
Yes, agreed to that. At the moment everybody is still exploring the new SDKs and all new features. Only once the tool authors understand these new things, will they be able to create tool to make use of them.

So at the moment I think you will find most of the useful tool with the SDKs. But these are a little more low-level, so you might have to code some stuff in XML yourself for example, instead of using a nice GUI.
 
Thanks!

Graham, Arno,

Thanks for the replies. OK, I'll give it some time and do some experimentation with the SDK tools for now....

Happy Simming!

Scribe556
 
Back
Top