XPlane 10.50 (or 11?) - FlightSimCon 2016

There are a few YouTube vids for Xplane 10.5 (or is it 11) here is one. Looks interesting.

It's 1:11 long

Vector details of city streets and building autogen data. Open street maps. Autogen via street maps! Street lights will light up autogen buildings.

Aircraft upgrades - mouse wheel support for instruments. Aircraft textures.

Static Aircraft added at terminals.

Global Winds and Turbulence aloft.

ATC fixes and tuning. AI parallel runway use.

WED 1.5 beta next few weeks. Build "look alike" airports - not the real airport - library objects. User base generated. X-Plane Gateway upload - you can download.

XPlane 11 NG

New UI for flight startup - Quick Flight enhanced.

New Lighting engine PBR

Engine startup and the engine is running - you turn key to start again you get - grinding noise of starter cog to flywheel. KNEEEEEE!!!!

Different buttons has different sounds - randomized clicking sound generation - plastic sound, metal sound.

Gyro speed pitch sound spool up and spool down.

Outside light strobe has sound!

Last edited:
Just wondering how many software guys are working on X-Plane and whether they are all full time......anyone have any idea?

Also, I hope that the legal issues with regard to the patents have gone away...somehow.....

Just wondering how many software guys are working on X-Plane and whether they are all full time......anyone have any idea?

Also, I hope that the legal issues with regard to the patents have gone away...somehow.....
Don't think that legal thing has gone completely away.

I think we have an X-Plane section just to keep people informed of what's happening in other sims. Not much activity here.

They have also introduced a new Wed 1.5 Beta 1.