XtoMDL error

Hi folks,

I updated my PC to Win10 (DirectX 12) and re-installed FSX, the FSX SDK and FSDS but it won't create a MDL ... I have tried manually running XtoMDL in DOS, and it gives me this error:
<several lines of preamble>
(0): error : XToMdl.exe Unhandled Application Exception
(0): error : System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
(0): error : File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
(0): error : File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
<about 20 more lines>

FSDS will create an XML OK, which MDLconverterX will read fine, but using MDLconverterX to export as a MDL gives the same error (as it uses XtoMDL too).

If anyone has any idea how to fix this error so I can run XtoMDL, please let me know!

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Iain.

Yes, 100% as per your screenshot. I ran XtoMDL in a DOS box from the 3DSM7\Plugins folder so I could see the error messages it was producing.

Thanks,

Iain.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The error indicates a DirectX file can't be found. You need to make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed.

That's solved it, thanks Arno. I thought it must be something like that, but had no idea what file(s) it was missing or where to get them. FSDS and MDLconverter now both working OK.

Many thanks.

Iain.