• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Query on X Plane 10 Global Edition

Country
india
Hi friends,
I have read about X Plane 10 Global Edition....and I wish to buy the same soon...
But I have a small problem, my PC has the following specifications..
Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz
3Gb RAM
2 GB Nvidia 660GT
Windows Xp SP3

I want to know if X Plane 10 Global Edition will run on Windows Xp as i have no plans to upgrade to windows 7 since I fear my long time favorite FSX and all its supporting softwares will not work well on it.
Also
Will I be able to run all the aircrafts, sceneries and AI traffic (meant for FSX) on X Plane 10.
Will I be able to design sceneries for X plane 10 like I did for FSX using Gmax and Airport Design Editor.

Please let me know,
All help appreciated

Regards
Dreamaero

Country
netherlands
Hi friends,
I have read about X Plane 10 Global Edition....and I wish to buy the same soon...
But I have a small problem, my PC has the following specifications..
Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.8 Ghz
3Gb RAM
2 GB Nvidia 660GT
Windows Xp SP3

Your computer is ridiculously mismatched... old and slow CPU, not quite enough RAM, but a modern and strong videocard. Unless that happened by replacing a previous videocard and you plan to use this card in a new computer, there is no way you can use it and you overpaid quite a bit.

Anyway your CPU and RAM are not very fast, and will probably not be enough for XPL 10. And card will not help, since it will be slowed down by the rest.

I want to know if X Plane 10 Global Edition will run on Windows Xp as i have no plans to upgrade to windows 7 since I fear my long time favorite FSX and all its supporting softwares will not work well on it.
No idea. I think it will but it is possible it won't.

Also
Will I be able to run all the aircrafts, sceneries and AI traffic (meant for FSX) on X Plane 10.
No.

They are a different sim. Different file formats, different concepts.

Will I be able to design sceneries for X plane 10 like I did for FSX using Gmax and Airport Design Editor.

Kinda. You can make a Gmax model and use a converter to move it to X-Plane format. You might be able to convert af2 files with some luck.

Country
india
Thanks for the reply Peter,
I too agree that my PC and the OS way too old..I am planning to upgrade to i7 and increase the RAM to around 4GB... I am also planning to upgrade to Windows 7 (I hope FSX will smoothly work on Windows 7) however I will keep the same graphic card. Then I hope my PC will be compatible to X Plane 10 Global Edition.

But something that is confusing me a bit...I went through the XPlane 10 forum that show the system requirements for X plane 10...I feel my PC is somewhat compatible to th eminimum requirement...Please have a look at the below link:

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/system-requirements/

No doubt I will be upgrading it for a better X plane experience.

Regards
Dreamaero

Country
netherlands
Windows 7 is totally fine for FSX. It's the 8 that is problematic.

Also go for at least 8 gb, maybe even 16

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I agreee with Peter - whatever else you do, get as much memory as you can afford - I have 16Gb. However remember that you need a 64 bit version of Windows 7 (or any Windows Version) to access that memory. a 32 bit OS will only address a little less that 4Gb and any left over is just wasted

Country
bulgaria
Why not try the demo version first and then decide to buy it or not? BTW it is free;)

Country
india
Hi friends...
thanks for the valuable reply..

I never knew that windows 32 bit ignores more than 4gb ram....well I will definately go for 64 bit.....
Fsx runs fine on win 7 but what about gmax and airport design editor..do they work well on win 7...

Regards
dreamaero

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I never knew that windows 32 bit ignores more than 4gb ram....

It is a great way to waste money if you have a 32 bit operating system and more than 4Gb of RAM ;)

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
...Fsx runs fine on win 7 but what about gmax and airport design editor..do they work well on win 7...

Windows 7 runs regular 32-bit programs just fine. Gmax, AirWrench, LithUnwrap, Photoshop CS2, FS9, CFS3 and umpteen others all run happily on my Win7 64-bit rig. The only one I know of which just won't is 3ds Max 7 and since I'm running Max 2008 that isn't a problem. This is one happy developer! :)

Country
india
Hi..
I am a bit confused about which processor will serve me best for playing Xplane 10 global as well as FSX....
Is Intel processor better or AMD...Could you please name me a few good performing processors. I want to upgrade my pc with i7...
I need advice on this as I am in process of upgrading my Intel Core 2 Duo PC...

Thanks
Dreamaero