• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA DC-3 Enhanced

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Yep. The enhanced model is the proper version and doesn't require adding anything to the default DC-3.

Country
indonesia
my friend told me about this and it been few days ago. as this thread cam up so I ask a question. do you plan going further like this? an Old aircraft in modern avionic

dc-3 turbo prop.jpg

cockpit

dc-3 turbo prop_cockpit.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks for the reply. That brings up a few more questions. What do I do now with the fixes applied to the stock DC3? Is it possible to transfer cfg file adjustments to that from the enhanced? Also, the links to the elite web site for the check lists etc indicate that the web site or company is no longer around. Can you suggest any alternatives? Cheers

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I must apologize for not seeing this post until now. Superb work as always expected from you. Working in 2015!
My question to you is, when will you be promoted from line modification engineer and consultant to new aircraft design and construction?

Country
netherlands
my friend told me about this and it been few days ago. as this thread cam up so I ask a question. do you plan going further like this? an Old aircraft in modern avionic

Just google "Basler BT-67 FSX" and you'll find an outstanding freeware rendition of this aircraft. Without a glass cockpit though, but with an updated and modern panel.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany

No.

Thanks for the reply. That brings up a few more questions. What do I do now with the fixes applied to the stock DC3?

Remove them.

Is it possible to transfer cfg file adjustments to that from the enhanced?

Sure.

Also, the links to the elite web site for the check lists etc indicate that the web site or company is no longer around. Can you suggest any alternatives?

https://www.google.com/search?q=dc-3+checklists

My question to you is, when will you be promoted from line modification engineer and consultant to new aircraft design and construction?

No.

Country
unitedkingdom
thanks for the replies. "remove them", thats easy for you to say :) I'll try to copy/paste cfg to stock. see what happens. thanks for the link. One more anomaly. Fuel tank selector in VC. its easy to cycle through from right main to left to aux by clicking or scroll wheel but not in the other direction. when on aux and you want to go back to the mains the selector goes right back to off. bit of a pain when in the air. the only way not to do this is to use the 2d panel fuel selector. ah well.

Country
germany
We released the Basler BT-67 back in 2012 as a Freeware Aircraft.

Just go to flightsim.com and search their file library (Basler BT-67).
There you should find the base model and all my liveries.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello again! (maybe for the last time?) I see you have done something similar to AirPlane Heaven/Just Flight with their DC3. They also produced a 4 tank version (which is great) but insisted on having a 3 tank selector in the VC and the 2D panel. Not so great. I found a FS9 4 tank selector 2D panel and am going to see if it works. Any ideas of applying your skills to these quirks? Cheers! p.s. regarding the weird thing with the VC fuel tank selector spinning all the way back to empty, Mr Jahn's DC3 got it right. You can select tank by tank in whatever direction. Shows it can be done. Am going to wing a note to Ah&JF as well. Its FSX (simulation) not FAX (approximation) :) Thanks for your time. Ciao!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
thanks for the replies. "remove them", thats easy for you to say :) I'll try to copy/paste cfg to stock. see what happens. thanks for the link. One more anomaly. Fuel tank selector in VC. its easy to cycle through from right main to left to aux by clicking or scroll wheel but not in the other direction. when on aux and you want to go back to the mains the selector goes right back to off. bit of a pain when in the air. the only way not to do this is to use the 2d panel fuel selector. ah well.

Stock or enhanced?

I think I just recycled the stock code, but if it's really that inconvienient to use, I'll put it on the list for an eventual update.

Hello again! (maybe for the last time?) I see you have done something similar to AirPlane Heaven/Just Flight with their DC3. They also produced a 4 tank version (which is great) but insisted on having a 3 tank selector in the VC and the 2D panel. Not so great. I found a FS9 4 tank selector 2D panel and am going to see if it works. Any ideas of applying your skills to these quirks? Cheers! p.s. regarding the weird thing with the VC fuel tank selector spinning all the way back to empty, Mr Jahn's DC3 got it right. You can select tank by tank in whatever direction. Shows it can be done. Am going to wing a note to Ah&JF as well. Its FSX (simulation) not FAX (approximation) :) Thanks for your time. Ciao!

No, I didn't. If I had the payware model, I wouldn't have bothered to work on this one, now would I?

And don't assume that I don't know how to do something, I simply don't have time to implement it.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello! (again) I think I owe you an apology. I didn't mean to imply anything by highlighting the various anomalies as I saw them. Let me say this, I am a casual simmer (nothing hard core like some) and therefore not really looking for hyper accurate renditions, just something that fits in my skill set (amateur). And for some reason (still don't know why) I have an affinity for the DC3. Nostalgia perhaps. I have gone from the stock to the Just Flight hoping for a bit more of a challenge but was disappointed. (see previous reply) Anyway, this lead to much searching. I've come across the Basler and Mr Jahn's contribution some time ago but for some reason they didn't pique my interest. Then I found your Enhanced version and I was blown away with what you accomplished! I think what you have done is akin to digital prestidigitation :) I really like the FieldAir cargo rendition. (Reminds me of what the OzX team did with the Grumman) You've even included things that aren't in the Jahn '3. Brilliant! But I still had to find a solution to the 4 fuel tank/3 fuel selector problem. That's when I found the DC3airways site. They supply a '3 addressing, not only the selector issue, but also, quite cleverly, the Auto Rich/Lean idents on the fuel quadrant by means of 2D panels. They also managed to replace the stock radio with an Auto Pilot/Radio stack that is very, very useful. Their VC comes in two variants and I like the one that includes the HSI but there are glitches when trying to put the cursor over the click spots (cursor flashes on/off very quickly) So you cannot adjust heading/course from that part of the VC. Well, not quickly. So, my conundrum at the moment is 'How do I take the Throttle/Fuel/Radio from the DC3 Airways '3 and put them into your Enhanced?' If that could be accomplished by some clever digital surgery (cut/copy/paste) of selected portions of the various configs then that would be just about the best thing going. So, I would like to thank you for the work you did on the '3. And if there is some easy way to accomplish these things, then I'm all ears. Cheers

Country
unitedkingdom
Proper support needed. Really! Trying to get used to the systems etc, working out how I need to reassign button assignments for the gear and flaps. Not so straight forward anymore! But! I no longer have ailerons at all. Na dah, zip, zilch. I reloaded the stock '3 and aileron control is there but not with your enhanced. I think I need to start with the idea that I am overlooking something but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Help? Cheers

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
So, my conundrum at the moment is 'How do I take the Throttle/Fuel/Radio from the DC3 Airways '3 and put them into your Enhanced?'

Most of the gauges (except the fuel selectors*) can be (ex)changed by editing the panel.cfg.
File reference:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526956.aspx

*Hardcoded into the model file and not changeable by anyone but me. Most civilian DC-3s had three tanks (the fourth was removed) to save on empty weight as they usually did not need the range and that's what I want to depict. I'll leave the four tank configuration to the C-47.
I've just noticed that the aircraft.cfg still contains a reference to the second aux tank, which is incorrect. Remove the line starting with "Center2=" from the aircraft.cfg if you don't want to haul dead weight since you can't draw fuel from it anyway.

Proper support needed. Really! Trying to get used to the systems etc, working out how I need to reassign button assignments for the gear and flaps. Not so straight forward anymore! But! I no longer have ailerons at all. Na dah, zip, zilch. I reloaded the stock '3 and aileron control is there but not with your enhanced. I think I need to start with the idea that I am overlooking something but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Help? Cheers

Ailerons work fine on my end. Check your axis assignments.
Gear and flap control by key should work, but only when in virtual cockpit view.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi. Checked joystick settings and assignments. Work in other aircraft (Jahn's included). Unplugged joystick/recalibrated. Even checked properties and selected "fix" and it made a change. Decided to take it for a spin for the hell of it to see what would happen in flight. It works. The wings are stuck in a turn graphically (right aileron up, left down) but the joystick still turns the '3. Visually nothing moves though. The buttons that I have assigned for flaps up/down no longer work and I think its due to the fact that your flap procedures now involve a two step process rather than the one. My button 5 is "down incrementally" whereas 6 is "up". I have 3 buttons right next to each other (5-7). I'm hoping there is a way to have 5 as up, 6 as neutral and 7 as down. Otherwise there is a lot of rearranging of the viewpoint in the VC and when you're on approach that's more than likely going to lead to a mishap. And the way I fly, it's probably going to be a major one. Interesting note. When you start up FSX and you have the GUI showing the selected aircraft as it slowly spins, the ailerons are in the turn there as well. I'm beginning to wonder if my penchant for loading a particular favorite flight (touring Japan) and swapping in different aircraft might have anything to do with this. Is this the part where I start to take the lyrics of the song seriously and "Rip it up and start again"?

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Wings and ailerons use skinned meshes (as on the default DC-3), so enable "advanced animations" in FSX' graphics options.

Keyboard keys are tied to FSX events which in turn perform certain FSX functions. The DC-3 only accounts for the "FLAPS_INCR" and "FLAPS_DECR" events, which correspond to "raise flaps incrementally", "lower flaps incrementally" (or whatever they're called) entry in the controls menu which in turn are assigned to the the F6 and F7 keys by default.

Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks for the lesson. I have edited the fuel in the config so that's fine now. (really would like the 4 tank set up though) I have enabled "advanced animations" so the ailerons are all good. Just have to work out a 3 button assignment for the 2 step flap process. Or single button whereas the neutral is when pressed in and then flap up or down when button released. Remember hearing how some buttons can be assigned that way. FSUIPC has been mentioned in button assignments when it comes to tailoring an aircraft's individual setup. I'm sure there is an answer somewhere. Cheers

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
No four tank setup ever.

I use custom variables for the flap system and therefor, assigning the keys via FSUIPC is not possible.
Yet, the keys used for flap controls are toggles. One press: Lever up/down, another press: lever neutral. Should make assigning them to a flightstick fairly easy.

Country
unitedkingdom
Methinks the penny has finally dropped. Told you. Amateur. I was so used to the one-push of the button to get the flaps to work and couldn't suss the mysterious ways of the stop/start aspect of your flaps. It was confusing to see the flaps going all the way up/down in a single push but now I get it. Brilliant! Many thanks. Or, danke schoen! Many, many moons ago I used to live in Zweibrucken and Frankfurt when my father was stationed there. Many memories. Cheers!