• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Canadair CT-114 Tutor

I would like to use this to post updates on the workings of my CT-114 Tutor (Snowbirds...) project. This project has had it's ups and downs with real life getting in the way and my lack of time to really learn more about Blender, especially how the whole UV mapping works compared to FSDS. When 2.8 came out with the ability to texture multiple objects at once (sort of like FSDS did...), it was a real life saver except the script for FSX/P3D wasn't working for the new version of Blender. But it is now. The only downside is that I made it a little too big to compile for FSX so it will be a P3D V4 project.

Attachments

• CT-114_Tutor_Top.png
    CT-114_Tutor_Top.png
    909.4 KB · Views: 327
I wasn't but what would make it an AI version? If there isn't a lot of work to convert it, I can see as I am sure others would like it too. Or maybe even for a static one at certain airports.

Country
ca-novascotia
That's a good question, I honestly don't know, as I haven't figured out how to build anything in Gmax yet. The guys over at MAIW can answer that.

I only asked out of curiosity, as it is one of the aircraft we are missing in the ai world.

Cheers,

Darren

Country
germany
Oh, an up to date V4 Tutor is more than welcome. Great to see, there is one in dev. You made my day! Please go ahead!

Thomas

I believe I have the external all texture mapped and animated. Maybe just a little adjustment here and there. Now to work on the VC part more and get the xml gauges working. I am trying to get the xml coding a friend did for the FSX version to work within the model itself (modeldef.xml...). Not the greatest at xml coding.

Here are a couple of screenshots from within Blender showing the animation, at - 0 and at 100. I would do ones from P3D but my texture skills suck and the bump/spec maps need a lot of work.

Ignore some the gauges/texturing in the VC as some are just place holders for now so I understand how the dual panel will look.

Attachments

• ExternalWithAnimation_At_0.png
    ExternalWithAnimation_At_0.png
    658.7 KB · Views: 573
  • ExternalWithAnimation_At_100.png
    ExternalWithAnimation_At_100.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 446
  • VC-Cockpit.png
    VC-Cockpit.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 337
Country
ca-saskatchewan
I wasn't but what would make it an AI version? If there isn't a lot of work to convert it, I can see as I am sure others would like it too. Or maybe even for a static one at certain airports.
I'd love to have a static version of your Tutor for my scenery work.
Greg

Have most, if not all of the main gauges coded for. From the small testing I have done, they seem to work but will have to wait till I get some people to test it out and let me know what works/doesn't work. Textures are not fixed in stone as they are something I through together in Paint .Net just to get an idea of what I am looking at. Final textures are a WIP and hopefully will have something soon to play with within the P3D.

Rudder pedals where added last night. Have to see how the look in the sim to see if I need to do something with the space behind them or if it is good enough.

Attachments

• CT-114 Tutor Cockpit_001.png
    CT-114 Tutor Cockpit_001.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 335
  • CT-114 Tutor Cockpit_002.png
    CT-114 Tutor Cockpit_002.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 560
Country
mexico
Me gustaría usar esto para publicar actualizaciones sobre el funcionamiento de mi proyecto CT-114 Tutor (Snowbirds...). Este proyecto ha tenido sus altibajos con la vida real interponiéndose en el camino y mi falta de tiempo para aprender realmente más sobre Blender, especialmente cómo funciona todo el mapeo UV en comparación con FSDS. Cuando 2.8 salió con la capacidad de texturizar varios objetos a la vez (algo así como lo hizo FSDS...), fue un verdadero salvavidas, excepto que el script para FSX/P3D no funcionaba para la nueva versión de Blender. Pero es ahora. El único inconveniente es que lo hice demasiado grande para compilarlo para FSX, por lo que será un proyecto P3D V4.
me encanta tu proyecto vas a seguir haciendolo lo estoy esperando para flight simulator 2020 yo te apoyo