• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Blender2MSFS support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
russia
So after spending a week oe two trying to create an airport on blender 2.90.. trimmed it to how I would like it.. I get the error (posted below).. I've read from page 1 to page 18 and am guessing I have to switch to blender 2.83 to export the XML and Textures?
Also after checking three more times the textures didnt save to a texture file i created

Have you checked it out?
1.jpg

Country
australia
Anyone had any luck with the emission modifier? Seems very hit or miss for me. Some things really pop as expected, and then some things have the wrong colour or just don't look right at at all. Any ideas?
And speaking of glass I tried all those settings but the glass looks like copper from one side. It's not transparent both ways

Country
germany
Hi, with Blender 2.83 and the Exporter 0.37, my object does get all the time the same GUID. Is there anything I can do against it?

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
@ChrisBrusch the current toolkit is incompatible with Blender 2.90. The next version will address this, but in the meantime, I'd recommend you switch to 2.83.6.

Anyone had any luck with the emission modifier? Seems very hit or miss for me. Some things really pop as expected, and then some things have the wrong colour or just don't look right at at all. Any ideas?
Check the emissive color modifier for the material. If you're working on dynamic mesh-lighting for aircraft, make sure to set it to black [0,0,], if you're working on scenery, set it to white [1,1,1]. It works fine from my experience so far.

If you're having trouble with this since the last update, I'd recommend you re-initialize the material by changing the material mode to something else and back. Your material's settings should be maintained, but this ensures that the color values are hooked up correctly. There was a but in a previous version that set the emissive to red under some circumstances.

Hi, with Blender 2.83 and the Exporter 0.37, my object does get all the time the same GUID. Is there anything I can do against it?
We have been discussing this issue internally and it'll be addressed with the next update. In the current version, the GUID is stored in the scene, so whenever you export, the same scene's GUID is added to the model's xml file. In the next version the exporter will check if the xml file already exists and has a GUID . If so, it'll recycle that GUID , if it's a new xml file, a new GUID will be generated.

These type of issues only pop up as we're using the tool, so if you have similar suggestions how to improve, let's hear it!

Country
australia
@ChrisBrusch the current toolkit is incompatible with Blender 2.90. The next version will address this, but in the meantime, I'd recommend you switch to 2.83.6.

Check the emissive color modifier for the material. If you're working on dynamic mesh-lighting for aircraft, make sure to set it to black [0,0,], if you're working on scenery, set it to white [1,1,1]. It works fine from my experience so far.

If you're having trouble with this since the last update, I'd recommend you re-initialize the material by changing the material mode to something else and back. Your material's settings should be maintained, but this ensures that the color values are hooked up correctly. There was a but in a previous version that set the emissive to red under some circumstances.

We have been discussing this issue internally and it'll be addressed with the next update. In the current version, the GUID is stored in the scene, so whenever you export, the same scene's GUID is added to the model's xml file. In the next version the exporter will check if the xml file already exists and has a GUID . If so, it'll recycle that GUID , if it's a new xml file, a new GUID will be generated.

These type of issues only pop up as we're using the tool, so if you have similar suggestions how to improve, let's hear it!
Thanks for the response. Just to confirm the emissive modifier should be 1,1,1 and that's in the standard node settings? Albedo colour and emissive colour (I think it's called - the setting under albedo colour)should be set the same as albedo colour?

Country
australia
Hi all. New here. Thanks to Devs for providing. Donation soon.
I'm having trouble getting the import to work. It looks like it installed properly but import doesnt have the MSFS file listed as an import option.
Any help/tips appreciated.

Country
australia
Biggest thing I'm finding is that texture colours for certain objects are being swapped around. In this case my field in blender is definitely green, my sign blue, yet its flipped the textures for some reason. I've got another sign that is definitely white with no pbr textures applied, yet its showing the pbr textures from elsewhere in my model for the texture of the sign.

I've also experienced hit or miss with glass. I've exported my model 6 different times using the glass settings which were specified on the last page, 5 of the times one side was copper looking and one side transparent. One of the times it came out as expected, havent changed the values or anything.

Can confirm im flipping between textures. For example on my latest export my glass now has a wooden texture applied. Can confirm I DEFINITELY did not apply any wooden textures to my glass, I applied it to a different part of my model.

I can only imagine this is a random occurrence based on each export, which is why I've spent a solid 2 days trying to identify the root cause and I take one step forward and one back.

It honestly explains everything, its why my grass field is blue but my sign is green, its why my white sign was once yellow and my yellow sign once white. Its why my other white sign has a wooden texture applied, as does my glass. It's why the emissive parts of my texture wont be emissive, but objects next to it will be emissive. There is some kind of logic which is being mixed up in exporting.

Last edited:

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
It looks like it installed properly but import doesnt have the MSFS file listed as an import option.
The Blender2MSFS toolkit doesn't provide an import option, it's strictly export only.

@Milan05 This is the first time I'm hearing of this, so chances are that this is something on your end. Does you object have a valid UV?

Country
australia
The Blender2MSFS toolkit doesn't provide an import option, it's strictly export only.

@Milan05 This is the first time I'm hearing of this, so chances are that this is something on your end. Does you object have a valid UV?
I honestly have no idea, I'll look into it, fairly new to this and learning everyday. (Hope it doesn't come across like I'm blaming the tool - love your work and appreciate the pointers, I'll do some youtubing and see what I can come up with).

Country
spain
Hi.

Today I was installed Blender 2.9 and Blender2MSFS toolkit 0.37.0. But when I tried to active the pulgin the system crash...

blendtomsfs2k_installation_error.jpg

Country
australia
Hey guys would love some help. Im trying to get a very simple scenery item, a gabel marker outta Blender into MSFS. Im using blender 2.83.6 and the latest versionn of Blender2MSFS. I keep getting the following erroer when i try to build my package to then be able to place the object in my scenery. Any help will be apppriciated cheers. please find attached a copy of my compiler error and a snip of within blender showing how simple the object really is.

EDIT-
Ive also tried building my object in Sketchup then brringing it over to blender, in case it was my blender that was a problem but im still having the same problem

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
  • capture 2.PNG
    capture 2.PNG
    284 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Country
germany
Just an idea, but you have "space" in your name of the XML and model. Maybe replace with "_" and try again? btw.: I did the same markers and now have the issue that their draw distance is too low - so if you get this working I would like to know how ;)

Country
australia
I have a model with three LODS (x00, x01 and x02). After the export I used Windows 3D Builder to inspect the models and my model x00 is shown with textures but models x01 and x02 are shown in blank. Interesting is that I changed the Collections name x00 and x02 to test00 and test02 respectively. After that, I changed the Collection name x01 to x00 and exported only this (x00) Collection. This time, the model (which used to be the collection x01) showed the texture. When I exporting the three collections, only the x00 has texture and the others do not. In the simulator MSFS the LODS are working (I can see the shapes changing) but only x00 has textures and the others are in blank. Any tip?

RESPONDER
Have you had any issues with actually spotting the LOD scenery in the scenery list? I havent been able to actually see my LOD scenery in the scenery list even after following the right processes shown here:

Country
egypt
Hi Vitus,
Is there a way to only export the .gltf and .bin and skip textures?
As projects get bigger it takes longer and longer to export textures, so changes not involving texture like an animation/ attachpoint/mouse rect and then exporting takes a ton of time..

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I had the same (?) problem as Milan05 -- textures switching from one object to another. I discussed it in this thread a few pages back. The problem went away after I stopped exporting the textures from Blender and replaced them in the source package with new copies that hadn't been exported. I don't know what the cause was exactly but I have had no problems since and I have exported many, many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.