• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Traffic and Parking analyser

Hi there

I have AIFP Version 3.4.1.1 installed.

When i use the Traffic and Parking Analyser and analyse a parking from a stock airport it shows "no parking available at XXX". But on Add-on airports it works perfectly.

Is this a known bug or is something wrong with my installation (I did a complete fresh install)

Thank for advise

Alex, LSZH

Thanks. Guenther.

BlackTiger, I presume the airport of interest is LSZH. While there's lots of parking available at stock LSZH, the question is "is there any of the size and type required by the traffic file?" To answer that, we need your traffic file (and, confirmation of the airport of interest..

Which FS???
Anyway, load ADE "Stock Airport" and list parkings...
Sorry i have P3D V 4.5

LSZH is my home airport. Just info where i am from

AIFP Traffic Analiser shows "no parking available at XXX on every only stock airport in the list Analiser.JPG

Last edited:
Ok folks after some more research and try and test i solved the problem:

under "Options" i ticked : "acces all drives", and now it analises also the stock airports and gives me the parkings

Thank you for your help although.

Happy flying
Alex

under "Options" i ticked : "acces all drives", and now it analises also the stock airports and gives me the parkings

Thank you for your help although.

Happy flying
Alex
I'm having the same issue with v3.2.4.5 at every airport (but I'd love if I can get the stock KORD, KJFK, KPHX, and KLAX working specifically). Access All Drives did not fix the issue.

I also suspect that AIFP mistakenly thinking there's no parking is the reason I'm not seeing any of the traffic I'm creating. I've been flying places and times where I KNOW there should be traffic but I'm just not seeing anything.

If it makes any difference, I have the Community and Official folders in a removable D:\ drive and the rest of the Flight Simulator files for MSFS2020 in my C:\ drive. Traffic file is attached and installed at my machine on D:\SanDiskSecureAccess\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic

Attachments

• trafficAircraft.bgl
    24.8 KB · Views: 103
The "no parking at XXX" was recently fixed. Please download and use the latest development release.

I downloaded version 3.4.2.8 and I can confirm that the issue still persists. Every airport I try continues to give me a no parking warning, even ones I know only have one flight assigned to them.

My procedure:

Open AIFP3.exe, allow changes to my computer, click "Files", click "Load Traffic File (.bgl)", click trafficAircraft.bgl file in D:\SanDiskSecureAccess\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic, click "Open", click "Bulk Traffic", click "Traffic and Parking Analyzer", click on any airport in the list (KFJK in my latest attempt), click "Analyze Parking", dialog box pops up with title "AIFP3" and message "No parking available at "(airport)"". Checking "Access All Drives" before running this procedure again doesn't change anything in this version either.

One thing I noticed is that after clicking trafficAircraft.bgl in the Traffic and Parking Analyzer's Selected Traffic Files area, the error message that pops up when I try to Analyze Parking changes to "No parking at (airport) required".

Another is that in a brief amount of time I was able to get version 3.4.2.5 to List Parking at Selected Airport, a lot of the parking spots had their radii listed as 0.0 meters Only a handful had the correct size listed. Could the Traffic and Parking Analyzer be mistakenly reading them ALL as 0.0 meters and thus thinking that there's no parking available? Or that the airport scenery files in question are corrupt, or located somewhere the Traffic and Parking Analyzer isn't looking for them?

Yes, you are correct (that that it will come as a surprise to you).

The two errors you've highlighted were recently reported in FS9/X and, as I mentioned, have been fixed. But, clearly, there some MSFS2020-related code in the T&PA that still needs attention.

Look for a new development release in a day or so.

No, it wasn't you that was going nuts, but me trying to make this work.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make the T&PA work with FS2020. The structure of their respective .bgls is quite different, and to my knowledge, the FS20220 file format is undocumented.

Too bad. Hopefully the SDK will get fleshed out a bit more soon or we’ll get a workaround eventually.

Last edited:
I'm actively looking for file format info. If I can get it, it's likely not a big job to re-enable the TA&P for FS2020.

Excellent! I just tried it and it works great....mostly.

The problem is still there for KLAX and KJFK. KJFK may genuinely be out of parking, as I have a lot of flights going in and out of there, but KLAX is particularly worrisome to me because I only have three. I know they're both high-detail star airports in the Standard Edition, maybe that might have something to do with it? Then again, KORD is also a star airport (but only in Deluxe and up) and it works fine, soooo....

At the moment, AIFP is familiar only with the file format of the FS2020 stock airports. I suspect (as you do) that the custom airports use a different format. I will investigate.

Good news! The problem was an error in the calculation of the path for the Special airports. Expect a new development release before end-of-day (my time).

Back