• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MCX no longer opening sketchup files om my PC

Country
vietnam
So yeah yesterday i was editing some sketchup ground poly files, Only now they wont open in MCX and i get the error shown in the screenshot.
Worked file yesterday but not today, I sent the file to a friend and he could open it so it is my PC that has the issue.
Windows did update last night and today i rolled back and uninstalled the update but still get the same error.
Any ideas ?????
bandicam 2021-05-02 08-36-03-836.jpg

Thanks

Hi,

This error either means that the assimp.dll file can not be found (it should be in the x64 and x86 subfolders in your MCX folder). Or that you don't have the right c++ runtime file installed. But since MCX checks if you have the right version installed at startup I would also not expect this to be the problem. Do you have C++ runtime files 2015-2019 installed?

Hi,

This error either means that the assimp.dll file can not be found (it should be in the x64 and x86 subfolders in your MCX folder). Or that you don't have the right c++ runtime file installed. But since MCX checks if you have the right version installed at startup I would also not expect this to be the problem. Do you have C++ runtime files 2015-2019 installed?
Yes C++ runtime files 2015-2019 is installed, Non of my MCX installs will open these files or any others i save from sketchup. MCX will still open mdls, bgls and my friend can open thisketchup file so i really do not know a=whats going on, I just downloaded teh lates version of MCX Develepors version and still get the error.

Do you have MCX installed into any Program Files folder?

I would try to reinstall the runtime files, maybe they have changed with your Windows update.

Yes i did that and still the same error,
I uninstalled C++ runtime files 2015-2019 Then tried to run MCX but it wouldnt let me,
Then i re installed C++ runtime files 2015-2019 and now MCX opens but wont open the file still shows same error

Why not zip the model and textures and see if they open for someone else?

Did you confirm that the assimp.dll is in the folder I indicated before?

Which version of the runtime files do you have installed?

Hi,

In your MCX root folder there should be a AssimpNet.dll indeed, but in that folder you should also find a x86 and x64 subfolder which contains the assimp.dll file. Are they all there?

I'll check tonight on my FS PC which version of the runtime files I use there.

Hi,

I have a slightly older runtime version installed here, 14.28.29325. Let me double check if I can reproduce the issue by installing a more recent one like you have.

I do now have the newer version installed and that works fine as well.

Are you running MCX as 64 bit or 32 bit?

I dont know whats going on but MCX just opened my sketchup file ????
I have changed nothing ??
So have no idea why its working now but not before.
Thanks for your help anyway Arno
And can i just say MCX omg its so good Thank you :)

Humm, that is weird indeed. Must have been something on your system, maybe a reboot or pending update or so. Let's hope it keeps working from now on :)

Dam the error is back.
I made another ground poly and that was the one that mcx opened earlier today,
I then tested others i had made before and they all opened,
Now i went and made another poly and it wont open in MCX neither will the one that opned earlier ???
Im at a loss as to why.....

Do you get exactly the same error? Because the first error was related to loading the dll. That should not depend on the object you load. Sometimes there is something in an object that cases an error as well.

Back