• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS List the things wrong with Sim Update v5

Country
sweden
An effect of the Virtual File System. Last item with the same name found is the one used. Name of the add-on, and the add-on path itself is irrelevant.

D:\add_on_A\materials
and
D:\add_on_B\materials

is the same location in VFS.

This is why it is best to use a library for common materials, models and to make all filenames unique (so as not to interfere with assets created by another developer).
I've been thinking about this one for a while and this change got me completely baffled. I remember some old software and even file systems that had "features" like this one 30 years ago. It were either changed over time because of the bad idea of such a thing or the software itself got replaced over time. I've also seen the same thing sort of appear in that way in software written by beginners that didn't plan good enough.

I'm not sure if what Asobo have done here is a bug or if they did this by purpose but regardless of what it show us a really low standard in some areas. If this is a bug, how didn't the tests get this? If this were an intended change then....I'm not even sure what to say.

Country
france
Not directly development related, but kind of.. The drone camera slowly tilts to the left now, so after a few minutes of use, your view is tilted at about 45+ degrees.
I can see this too... very annoying.
After a couple of hours in dev mode with SU5, here are some other annoyances/bugs:
- MSFS hangs after building a package (need to open the task manager to terminate it)
- Asobo/MS default materials not displayed on aprons
- Scenery objects randomly sliding on ground when trying to place them in one-click-placing mode
- Mouse cursor going back to pos (0,0) - upper left - when moving dev camera with keyboard arrows
- Mouse cursor sometimes lost, have to switch focus to other windows apps back and forth several times to get it displayed again

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I really really hope so as I didn't see any jetway or pink apron items on todays "hottest topics" notes of Hotfix 2 this Friday or Monday.....unless those fall under

Do you have any optimism rhumba? Still no jetways and a SEA of pink ground textures on final and when far away from airport :( Never ever had those issues with a SU4 export.
I think Asobo doesn't have a fix in the upcoming patch, but they are aware of the problem and will fix it in another future patch. That's my understanding.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
I can see this too... very annoying.
After a couple of hours in dev mode with SU5, here are some other annoyances/bugs:
- MSFS hangs after building a package (need to open the task manager to terminate it)
- Asobo/MS default materials not displayed on aprons
- Scenery objects randomly sliding on ground when trying to place them in one-click-placing mode
- Mouse cursor going back to pos (0,0) - upper left - when moving dev camera with keyboard arrows
- Mouse cursor sometimes lost, have to switch focus to other windows apps back and forth several times to get it displayed again

For the hang after building a package, do the popup windows turn grey? I found that there is a new popup that can become hidden behind the windows. You may move all windows away from the center of the screen, as well as the event log, so that when it pops up, you can close it out.

build_finished.PNG

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Some news:

"
Hello
Checking your package, I found what the issue is.
The game engine gltf parser now expects paths to be normalized.
As you're using a standard PBR max material and not an FSMaterial, the exporter is not normalizing the paths (which used to be ok).

We will fix the way standatd max pbr materials are handled in the exporter BUT, this gives me the opportunity to remind people that even if the exporter is tolerant, we strongly advise you to use FSMaterials.
This is the type of materials we use internally, the type we test on a regular base, and in the end, the material with the least chance of regressions.
The same applies for GLTF vs MDL, ArtProj vs ModelLib, etc...
Replacing your materials with FSMaterials with solve your issue
1628177388533.png

Regards,
Sylvain
"

This is supposed to fix the pink texture problem: Use MSFS materials.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Unreal Weather has been patched to work with the SU5 update!

Country
unitedkingdom
If a developer removes the Secondary start point on a runway the sim will CTD if you try to land on the runway. In SU4 this bug wasn't present, in SU5 the problem is affecting a lot of sloped Bush strips where the Secondary start is removed because it isn't usable and you don't want the sim to select that departure point.

I have been getting this error saying that the business file is either missing or invalid, i did not change anything just updated MSFS and the SDK however after getting this error i deleted the business json file and went into marketplace data to add the values again however i am getting same error, Another issue i am facing is when i select my package and go into inspect i cant add a company or package name as soon as i click it the default one gets overwritten into an empty space when i try to type it gets erased instantly.

1628246511923.png

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
The problem with random texture swapping is recognized but not addressed until SU6. :mad: Beta.

Country
us-california
I have been getting this error saying that the business file is either missing or invalid, i did not change anything just updated MSFS and the SDK however after getting this error i deleted the business json file and went into marketplace data to add the values again however i am getting same error, Another issue i am facing is when i select my package and go into inspect i cant add a company or package name as soon as i click it the default one gets overwritten into an empty space when i try to type it gets erased instantly.

View attachment 75840
It helps to save your project, close it, and reopen it. did it for me. or you can create a business.json yourself. This happened for me also before SU5 though. The second issue you're describing I'm having too, started to occur at SU5.

It helps to save your project, close it, and reopen it. did it for me. or you can create a business.json yourself. This happened for me also before SU5 though. The second issue you're describing I'm having too, started to occur at SU5.
i tried creating business file myself aswell and still same error

Country
france
For the hang after building a package, do the popup windows turn grey? I found that there is a new popup that can become hidden behind the windows. You may move all windows away from the center of the screen, as well as the event log, so that when it pops up, you can close it out.

View attachment 75830
It must be this, I can move the MSFS window but I can't move the (large) console window, do that poppup mush be hidden behind.

Country
canada
But the worst is it's random for me sometimes they show sometimes they don't. And many people say they don't have the issue but they may reload to the same gate and find them missing the next time.
EDIT: Now they show up. All I did was to update the SDK, but I'll test this some more before calling it fixed.
EDIT2: Again not showing, I give up!

If you launch up the stratosphere with dev cam on an exported airport in your comm folder - when you come back down you will see the jetways are all there.

Seems like a LOD issue but when you force all 3 or 4 LODs your LOD0 model, then ik is broken (not that forcing LOD0 did anything anyways but I am sure its all related)

Last edited:

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
It must be this, I can move the MSFS window but I can't move the (large) console window, do that poppup mush be hidden behind.
Next time you start the sim, toggle it on with the "~" key (Above "Tab") and you can move it then. You may have to be in dev mode to do this, I cant remember..

Country
spain
oh...what has happened with ai traffic? all my 32 GB of converted fsx models are now doing CTDs. Microsoft definetly doesnt want us to have ai traffic!

Country
spain
THANK YOU! so, that means that organizing the ai model like that, it works? even if model is fsx converted?