• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

0.0.72

Messages
5,214
Hi Don,

Your trying to amend my issue has made it worse.

Below is what you see in 0.0.71 (i.e.no artifacts, as it should be):

0071poly.jpg


And this is what I get in 0.0.72:

0072poly.jpg


Roby
 
Roby, fixing the vertices-in-line issue did not do that. That issue may, however, have been masking the new issue.

I was using your ADE file for my tests/investigation. Had something like this appeared, I would have noticed it. But, I didn't have your "blur" texture, so I substituted one of my own. That was OK , because the vertices-in-line problem showed up - and disappeared when I fixed it. However, you current issue was not there

This morning, I remembered that you sent your blur texture to Tom a couple of days ago. So I downloaded and installed it. Sure enough, you current problem appeared. Actually, there are two instances of it, so it should be easy to find.

Don
 
Roby, I did screw-up that change yesterday. I've just released an update that undoes it.

I know what's wrong. Fixing it, however, is a much bigger problem than I thought. But, I'll get it eventually.

Don
 
Thought I should report in and at least let you know I haven't abandoned you. (I trust the dearth of problem reports in my direction doesn't mean you've abandoned me.)

The problem Roby was experiencing - made much more obvious by using a semi-transparent texture, has been "in the system" for some time. It is due to extra triangles being drawn. I know generally what's causing it, but I haven't been able to "nail it down". (I've been down a number of rat-holes over the past 48 hours. Each time it looks promising, things collapse.)

Obviously, we can't release until it's fixed. I'll keep at it.

Don
 
GECE_ADEX_RMCS_70.ad3

Roby

This file contains a background image that is actually a file called na.bmp and is used when ADE cannot find a library object thumbnail.

Not sure how it got there but it is very small and will cause problems for folks who did not install the beta in the default installation folder.

You may have difficulty finding and removing it because it is so small. The ProKey Raw Data View may be the easiest.
 
Thank you Jon,

I managed to delete the image in raw data view.
Haven't the faintest how it got there either.

Roby
 
Back
Top