• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

0.0.74

tgibson

Resource contributor
Messages
11,848
Country
us-california
Hi Don,

I've come across a problem - when I try to resize a line (make it longer or shorter), I get this message. The Editor won't let me resize the line at all.

attachment.php


This also happens for horizontal resize with horizontal lines.

Hope this helps,
 
That's not a problem, Tom, that's a feature!

When I reworked resize last week, I added a check to avoid polys being resized so small they couldn't be recovered - i.e., dimension in either axis < 5 (arbitrary) pixels from the center of the object. Obviously, I didn't consider the effect on lines. Easily fixed.

If you zoom-in so that the width is greater, you'll be able to resize again - but, of course, you won't be able to see all the vertices.

I'll fix it so that I only check for the axis being resized.

Don
 
Hi,

LOL!

Yes, I can confirm if I zoom in I can resize again.

Thanks,
 
Should I infer from the absence of any serious complaints over the past 4-5 days then I should start looking for another project to keep me busy - now that I have (I hope) fixed Roby's extra triangles issue?

Don
 
Not yet. When I hit a problem I stop testing until the next version, so I don't have to repeat testing over and over...

Soon though. :)
 
When I hit a problem I stop testing until the next version
Just so there's no misunderstanding, I don't plan to re-release for the resize issue you highlighted this morning. The fix is simple, has been applied and fully tested. Please take my word for it.

Don
 
I have a problem with the "Backing Texture" combo-box. When I first click on it, the list opens and immediately closes. I need to click a second time for the drop-down to remain open.
 
The opening and closing of a combo box dropdown list is controlled by Windows/NET Framework. While it's possible to open and close the list programmatically, I have just checked every program reference to that combobox and can find nothing that would cause that.

Nor am I able to duplicate the issue. The dropdown list opens when I click the combo box and stays open - for both lines and poly, new and old.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

If it happens only with one of your files, it's possible there's some data sensitivity. But I'd need your file and some direction to test for that.

Don
 
If I click on the edit box, the cursor stays as an edit cursor but the drop-down list opens :eek:

The "Main Texture" combo-box works as expected.
 
If I click on the edit box, the cursor stays as an edit cursor but the drop-down list opens
EEK! ??? If, by "edit box" you mean the Backing Width text box, then the dropping down of the Backing Texture combo box is intentional and is saving you a step. (If you select a backing width before specifying backing texture, then you must select a backing texture as well. This saves you from having to click on the Backing Texture combobox. Just select the texture and you're done.)

The "Main Texture" combo-box works as expected
If you think I should open the Main Texture dropdown automatically upon selecting line width for new lines or when entering the editor for polys, I can easily do so. However, if you select a line pattern texture in the main texture box, the line type combo box opens automatically.

I have a problem with the "Backing Texture" combo-box
This was your initial report which is somewhat different from the one following. Has that issue been gone away?

Don
 
This was your initial report which is somewhat different from the one following. Has that issue been gone away?

No, that is the primary issue. Clicking on the edit field was a secondary issue.

Take the "Main Texture" box. I set the width then click on the combo-box arrow and the drop-down opens.

However, with the "Backing Texture" box, I set the width of the background and click on the arrow and the drop-down opens and immediately closes. I need to click a second time on the arrow for the drop-down to remain open.
 
OK, I know what's happening.

As you've discovered, when you finish editing the backing width, if you enter <Enter> from the keyboard or click on any other data entry box, the newly-entered width is processed and, if error-free, the Backing Texture combo box drops down. Then if you click on the Backing Texture combo box, it will close.

If you click on the Backing Texture combo box immediately after entering an error-free width (i.e., terminating that entry), that causes the Backing Width textbox to lose focus and that entry to be processed first - and the Texture Width combobox to be dropped down. Then, when the click on the combo box is processed next, since the combo box is already dropped down, the click on it is interpreted as an instruction to close.

Guess I'd better get rid of the automatic drop-down for the Backing Texture combobox.

Don
 
Hi,

When I try to compile this file, I get an error message, something about polygon too complex and then I can't quit the application properly (stuck with this message).

Previous version (0.73) accepts to compile this file.

Thanks,
 

Attachments

jjbld, I need your AD3 file in older to investigate. The asm file will include everything except the problem object.

Don
 
Thanks for your reply Don, here is the file. I've made some changes and now I cannot compile even with v.0.073.
 

Attachments

Hi,

I tried it.
It says that object is too complex and that it cannot be triangulated (polygonsides must not intersect). And now ADE hangs.
 
Does it mean that polygons with same layer cannot overlap ?
No. There is no such check. However, if they do, you may get some unintended visual effects.

You have designed an entire airport - aprons, taxiways, runway - with custom ground polys. Consequently, some polys are very complex. However, so long as sides don't cross, ADE-GP should be able to handle it - but, it shouldn't hang.

I'll get back to you as soon as I've got something "solid" to report.

Don
 
I don't know. What I do know is that you will have the same problem with a complex apron that somewhere overlaps itself.
And in your ad3 there are for sure some different gp polys that overlap.
 
The reason for ADE-GP hanging is due to a coding oversight. The system is in a loop when this message is issued and I neglected to exit from the loop after it is issued.

I have not yet determined why ADE-GP thinks the poly is too complex. If there were overlapping areas in the same poly, the message should have been triggered when the poly was created/edited. Of course, if the polys were created/last edited prior to me adding that check and they do, in fact, overlap, then the entire situation (other than the hanging, of course) is legitimate.

I'll know shortly.

Don
 
Back
Top