P3D v4 2D universal panel

Hello all
I've seen that IVAP or come other add-ons have a universal 2D panel that is accessible from the Add-ons menu.
Well, I've been looking in the SDK and the simconnect SDK but I couldn't find anything about those floating panels or how can we design them.
Can you plz tell me how to make it or is there any documentation that I can read.

I use C# (if it needs C++ I'll be ready to start converting the code)

thnx in advance :)

GDI plus is a graphics engine built into windows so you can use it inside those gauges. There is an example somewhere here around it will help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I GDI+ guy. I use C++ to create GDI+ gauge.
sample
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/gdi-gauges-drawing-msdn-example.162/

floating panel, can be done using xml too. for short, fast learn and bunch of sample, better use xml instead C++/GDI+. if you want to deal with Simconnect, you must work in C++. but
there an XMLtool that create by a developer in this community, to help XML programmer to expand xml limitation without need to learn C++.
just find out that tool on Resources from this beloved website.

I've seen that IVAP or come other add-ons have a universal 2D panel that is accessible from the Add-ons menu.
Well, I've been looking in the SDK and the simconnect SDK but I couldn't find anything about those floating panels or how can we design them.
Can you plz tell me how to make it or is there any documentation that I can read.
I think IVAP example are not a panel but a window. Connection and flight plan windows have buttons, textboxes and other UI elements.

Your application can add items to Add-ons menu using SimConnect SimConnect_AddMenuItem look at the the sample MenuItems. If you develop in-process dll on C++ in addition to the SimConnect you can also use PDK Menu Service.

I use C# (if it needs C++ I'll be ready to start converting the code)
If you already use C# then you develop managed exe application. You can't use C# for panels in P3D. As mentioned above only XML or C++ with GDI+, Direct2D, Direct3D.

But I can offer you next.
Your exe application on C# can be called on P3D startup using add-on.xml and pass it an command line argument. Your application starts and add items to the Add-ons menu but doesn't show any windows. When user wants to interact with your window it call Add-ons -> YourItem and window is shown. Do some interaction and close window but not application.

I have made example on C++ with that approach https://github.com/Prepar3DGuy/TryP3D_Git I hope this helps you.