Access to the 'default.xml' path is denied.

MOUSY

Resource contributor
I am getting the following error on a (French) user's machine. I feel I can safely confirm that the error does not come from any particular scenery, nor does it come from a corrupted default.xml file, as I have tested different ones with the same result.
ACM succesfully goes through the entire list in the scenery.cfg and then throws this error:

Code:
20:40:25 | Error! Stopping...
20:40:25 | L'accès au chemin d'accès 'default.xml' est refusé.
20:40:25 |    à System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
   à System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   à ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AutogenConfigurationMerger.CreateBackup()
   à ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AutogenConfigurationMerger..ctor(String[] args)

Earlier in the log it reports:

>> Found config: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\autogen\default.xml.

I should note that he has 2 user profiles on his machine; a separate one for gaming it seems. Also, a backup of the default.xml exists in the ACM folder of %appdata%, but nothing else.
I have ensured that ACM is updated to the latest version, and set it to run as administrator on all user profiles. I have also tried launching FSX from another user profile, but when I do so the log does not get updated.

I am aware that this may quite simply be a matter of a weird system setup of a lone user and thus it may be difficult to diagnose without being on the machine, but I figured I would ask for any ideas before giving up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Looking at the error message it seems the backup function can't delete the old backup while making a new one. Access is refused, so looks like a permission issue. Not sure why that should happen, would the folder have different permissions?

MOUSY

Resource contributor
It shouldn't, but if that is the case I will ask the user to move said backup to see if the problem is solved and report back.

MOUSY

Resource contributor
New Error

Code:
22:06:38 | Error! Stopping...
22:06:38 | L'accès au chemin d'accès 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\autogen\default.xml' est refusé.
22:06:38 |    à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   à System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
   à ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.XMLMerger.SaveGlobalConfiguration(String fsPath)
   à ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AutogenConfigurationMerger..ctor(String[] args)
I checked the file and folder permissions. Nothing looks out of the ordinary in the autogen or FSX folder.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Weird, now it's the FS folder that the access is denied. When I'm home I will double check the code, but read access should not be a problem there.