ACM path problem

I think I found a bug with the path entry into exe.xml. On initial install the path entry is made correctly, which in my case is:

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>

However, if I subsequently run the installer again to install into a different version of flightsim, the path entry is incorrectly made as follows:

<Path>\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>

Also, if I change the default installation path the same problem occurs.

BTW, is there a release version available by chance?

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

No, there is no release version yet.

The only reason why that can happen is that the installation folder was not specified. Did you get the GUI to select it on the second install run as well?

Hi Arno,

I was using the command line to do the install , to simulate it being installed on the end user's computer:

autogenconfigurationmerger.exe install fsx

then:

autogenconfigurationmerger.exe install p3dv3

So if the command line is used for more than one version of flightsim on a computer then the path entry problem occurs.

Edit:

Another thing I was wondering, for a single installation of FSX Steam, where ONLY FSX Steam is installed, does your installer look for the exe.xml in the FSX or FSX-SE folder?

Thanks

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

If only FSX Stream is installed it uses the same folders as default FSX if I remember correctly. So it will look for the FSX folder.

I'll see if I can reproduce your problem. You are saying you didn't get a GUI to select the install folder when you run it like this?

There is no GUI only if there is a second install.

For example, lets say ACM is not installed yet. If I choose to install for FSX the GUI comes up and makes the proper exe.xml entry.

Then, lets say I choose to install it into P3Dv3. The second time the GUI will not come up and the exe.xml entry is not properly made.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

When the tool is already installed the installation folder should be get from this registry key. Can you check if it is present on your machine?

CurrentUser\Software\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\InstallFolder

Yes, the registry key is there.

It makes sense that the GUI does not show up for a second install, since ACM is already installed there is no need to ask for an installation path.

Basically its just the exe.xml path entry that needs correction.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK, that's weird, since the path should be taken from the registry the second time. I'll try to debug.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I was finally about to reproduce this issue and it has been fixed in the current version that I just released.