P3D v4 ACM stops working

I have used ACM for quite some time, but detected it stopped working now. The log ends:

01:35:05 | >> Found config: j:\program files\lockheed martin\prepar3d v4\flytampa\libraries\autogen\default.xml
01:35:05 | Trying to scan add-on.xml files from C:\Users\Michael_Basler_2016\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons
01:35:05 | Error! Stopping...
01:35:05 | Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.
01:35:05 | bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
bei System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
bei System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
bei System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
bei ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AddOnXml.ScanXMLFiles(String folder)
bei ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AddOnXml..ctor(FSVersion fsVersion, String path)
bei ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AutogenConfigurationMerger..ctor(String[] args)

The German language entry in line 4 reads "root element missing". I glanced someone else had this error before but didn't find a solution in the thread. Is there any extended logging? The issue is, I have around 60 add-on.xml entries and no idea where to start searching for the suspect buggy one, if any.

This is the most recent version of ACM and Prepar3d4.2. As I said it worked until some time ago.

Thanks a lot for any idea on how to proceed.

Kind regards, Michael

Now I am perplexed. I installed your recent version - and voila no further error logging required as ACM runs through until the end - Done! Not only according to the log, also visually all seems to work out now. I was trying to marry my ORBX-based environment with France VFR Paris according to the recipes around, and as far as I see after switching a few times back and forth between Paris and San Francisco this seems to have worked perfectly now.

As I said, I used the most recent ACM version before, so I this is a bit of a puzzle to me (and I tried several times, yesterday, too). In any case, I am a happy camper now (shouldn't some ugly gremlins come up later...).

Kind regards, Michael