• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Actigate and FS Interrogate

Country
us-northcarolina
Hi guys,

I'm still testing the innerworkings of Actigate and I think that I have found a problem.

Im using FS Interrogate Ver 2, (Build 0044) to study what I have believed to be BGLC problems on my end.

USRVR4 works great in FS Interrogate. When the buffers are read, I'll get the appropriate HEX for the type of aircraft I have selected.

Unfortunately, I've not had the same luck with USRVR5.

I can only get USRVR5 to show HEX 0 or HEX 1. It seems that rain, snow or day of week has no effect each time I read buffers 1 or 2.

I've removed all modules from the modules folder that were not labeld as default (with the exception of FSUPIC and ACTIGATE). So far, no effect. Can anyone think of anything else that may interfere with this?

Could the DLL be writing the info to a different address?

Could anyone verify my results or do you all get different results?

thanx

welsh

nickw

Administrator
Staff member
Country
ireland
This is interesting indeed. This may explain why my gates work with the brakes set on UserVar5. Arno could not understand why my gates worked even though he swore to me that this variable could never be 1.

We'll have to wait for Arno on this.

Country
italy
Hi Welsh
yes, you're right. There should be some pb with the actigate version
included in the latest sdk.
I was doing your same tests a few days ago and looking at the fsuipc log
there is no setting of the rain, snow and day of the week bits.

I've sent a private msg to Arno a few days ago (last thursday?) but I
see he's busy with training for his new job untill next friday.

Therefore we'll have to ... wait...

Cheers

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I will have to check this, maybe you have all been using an older version of the DLL all the time :eek:

I'll come back on this when my jetlag is gone :), as I do not think very clear at the moment.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Something must indeed have went wrong with the DLL I uploaded. Here is a new version that should work, could you let me know if it does? Then I'll fix the SDK as well.

Attachments

• ActiGateDLL.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 809

nickw

Administrator
Staff member
Country
ireland
Oh my.... lets see if this breaks my gates :)

Is it possible Arno, this is the issue that I bugged about a while back?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Could be, although the parking brake detection was never really broken. But who knows :D.

Country
us-northcarolina
Looks Great!

Arno-

I too, just like you, have gotten back from a work-related, week long business trip. I'm glad to be back home.

For your info, I have dont preliminary test with FS Interrogate and the new Actigate.dll. So far it appears to be working correctly. I'll embed it in some coding over the weekend. I'll let you know.

Now I can finish those aggrivating T-Hangars! Nision Accomplished..

Thanks again...

Country
italy
OK, I confirm after extensive test.
Version dated Jan.19,06 works as designed!

Thanks, cheers

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Great, I'd better go fixing the SDK download then :D.