• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Add objects in MCX?

Messages
47
Country
brazil
If I open my MDL scenery model in MCX, is possible to add others objects to scenery in MCX viewport? For example, to add bgl or mdl libraries objects made in gmax to my scene in MCX and export the new scenery?

Thanks

Roma
 
Hi,

The only sure way I know is to import an extra model as a LOD.
For instance, if your base model is LOD 100, then you could import another model as a LOD99.
You could also try to add a model as an attached object but I noticed that that gives some problems regarding visibility (the attached models only showing close up).
 
Hi,

The lod creator indeed has a function to import another model. Assuming your model is lod 100 you can import the new model at lod 100 as well, they will then be merged. Importing as lod 99 is not a good idea, then only one of the two is shown.
 
I think the OP means can one add library objects to a library BGL file loaded into MCX. AFAIK, that answer is no.
 
Importing as lod 99 is not a good idea, then only one of the two is shown
Hi Arno,

I stand corrected, though I did not have that problem when I added e.g. rotating radars at LOD 99 and LOD 98 to my ferry!?
 
Hi,

It is possible to add objects to an object from a library bgl. But in that case you would get a new mdl file, that has to be put in a/the library again.

I just remembered that in the latest development release there is a merge object tool as well, so you can merge objects outside of the lod creator now as well.
 
Back
Top