• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

additional Variables...

Country
switzerland
Hi Arno,

I was playing around with fsInterrogate and the FSUIPC SDK some time ago and tested the visibility variable. Are you planning to add a visibility variable for ActiGate? Fs seems to switch on Approach Lighting if vis is below 5nm and the runway lighting if vis is below 3nm. It would be cool to have a boolean variable which is '1' if the visibility is below 5nm. So the ones who made custom twy and rwy lights (like me...:) ) can turn them on in low visibility conditions.

-Jeff

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Jeff,

I could consider that one, but I did not yet have it planned I must say :).

Adding it as a boolean could work, as I think I still have some space left in usrvr5 variable.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi GianP,

What do you propose? That I also add some visibility variables to ActiGate so that there is no conflict with the other module? I think that would only be a small tweak, so that is something I would consider doing (although main focus is on FSX now).

EDIT: Or would you propose that I don't write the bits I don't use. That is also possible :).

Country
italy
Hi Arno,
well ... if you say it's a small tweak I think the best way is to have one module doing everything, so we can be sure there aren't modules fighting each other! Of course you can follow the road you prefer.
In case you are inserting the visibility function into ActiGate may I ask to have a couple of bits, say 3 & 6-8 NMls?

Thank you! (I'll be back from some skying on the 6th of Jan.)

happy new year, cheers

GianP

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi GianP,

I will take a look at it once I am home. I am currently with my parents place and I don't have the ActiGate code with me now.

Country
italy
New bit?

Hi Arno,
it's quite some time this thread isn't update.
I know lately you're dealing with triangles (and your job, of course)!
However, sometimes postponing some work isn't so bad! ....
... so ... what about also adding an "Icing condition bit" (below 0°C) to actigate?

It could be useful to start some animation (de icing trucks, etc.)

Thank you, cheers

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Gianni,

Good to remind me that I should still update for those visibility bits as well. Will try it this weekend.

Country
italy
Thanks Arno!
In the meanwhile I'm testing your ModelConverterX (for FS9
output). It looks very promising!

Cheers
GianP

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I think the simple answer is no progress due to lack of time (or other priorities). Also I am developing only for FSX at the moment, so I don't even have a FS2004 installed anymore to test modifications of ActiGate. So it could be that I never release an updated version.