• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.77.6986 Development Build

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is the current development build for ADE and forms the base for the next series of updates. It has been updated with the latest set of program libraries from Arno as found in MCX. These support a number of functions in ADE including detailed footprints. The version of ADE-GP included should be the latest general release version from Don (gadgets). There are some small fixes and mods in this version including
  • Fix for error ADE generated when trying to decompile mdl files created by P3D v4.4
  • Possible fix for mouse wheel tilt events locking the ADE display
  • Minor tidying up of code
  • A new tool (in early stage) to allow the conversion of old pre FS9 airport bgl files into bglcomp based bgl files. Found under the Tools menu
This version can be downloaded from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g47495eez7zq441/ade_177_6986_beta.zip/file Please see the readme file for installation information

Thanks

Country
indonesia
I know I shouldn't be doing it but...
Hold down Ctrl and then move the mouse wheel.
Poof! Airport disappears, My location is now N00 00.000 E000 00.000 [005]
Right click is now disabled so I can't centre on ARP.
Drag is disabled as well so I can't change my location.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I agree that something odd is going on. It might be the bit of code I added to deal with mouse tilt events. I will need to check the code

EDIT

OK it seems to be that code is responsible. Since it does not fix the user issue it was intended to fix I will remove it entirely - update in a day or so

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
That was quick.
Meanwhile I'll put a yellow alert sticker on my Ctrl key.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You don't need to download it Stuart

Country
us-california
when I use the mouse to zoom, it slides the map left and right...
Need to go back to 1.75 something does not like my computer.... was looking forward to some upgrades....
Time to reinstall 1.75 I deleted.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am releasing a fix for the mouse wheel problem today

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There is now a small update available which addresses the problem with the mouse actions.

The update full beta zip is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2tlcww0k9sychby/ade_177_7004_beta.zip/file Please read the readme file!

If you have already installed the beta from the post above, a small patch for the executable is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z3bmi4929y2wnih/ade_177_7004_beta_executable_only.zip/file Backup airport design editor.exe from the beta installation and replace it with the one in this download

Country
indonesia
Been using it all weekend now and it hasn't bitten me.
This is only FSX though.

Country
germany
When I compile for P3D v4 I get following error and ade closed

System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.Vector3d ASToFra.Coordinates.CoordinateConverter.LatLongWGS84toRelativeGeoCentricXYCurved(ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.Vector3d, ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.Vector3d)".
bei ADE_GroundPolys.mdlProcessing.MakeMdlFiles(List`1& listGP_Group, Int32 nLayer, List`1& listXML, Double latRef, Double lonRef, Single elevRef, Int32 fFSVer)
bei ADE_GroundPolys.Generate_BGL.btnGo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Please send me the project file that gives this error - jon AT scruffyduck DOT org

Country
germany
Please send me the project file that gives this error - jon AT scruffyduck DOT org
I have yesterday allready directly from ADE. (from: rainer.kunst AT kabelmail DOT de)

In ADE 176 all ok with the same file. In ADE 177 FS8 style ok. V4 style this error.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Please be kind enough to email it to me. It would save me the time of reading through all the new logs to find the right one

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have just seen your logs. It seems to me that perhaps you copied the new version over the older one since I see it reports a missing method. That usually happens it the new installation is not clean. It also looks like a problem with the Custom Ground Poly code coming from Don (gadgets). I think he is travelling at the moment so it may not be possible to see what is happening until he returns.

Country
germany
No, I installed the new 1.77 with Import, after the new exe File. Not more. But 176 is parallel

ok I wait for gp changes from Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
When I compile for P3D v4 I get following error and ade closed

System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.Vector3d ASToFra.Coordinates.CoordinateConverter.LatLongWGS84toRelativeGeoCentricXYCurved(ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.Vector3d, ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.Vector3d)".
bei ADE_GroundPolys.mdlProcessing.MakeMdlFiles(List`1& listGP_Group, Int32 nLayer, List`1& listXML, Double latRef, Double lonRef, Single elevRef, Int32 fFSVer)
bei ADE_GroundPolys.Generate_BGL.btnGo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The exception occurred in ASToFra.dll, not ADE-GP. It's possible, of course, that it's due to a parameter passed by ADE-GP, but the nature of the exception suggests otherwise. In any case, without knowing in detail what you were asking ADE-GP to do, there's little that can be done.

Overflow, if you post your .ad4 file, I'll attempt to see if its's an ADE-GP problem to the extent that I can using the limited tools I have available while travelling.

Jon, is the version of ASToFra.Coordinates shipped in the new beta the same as in the last production version of ADE?

Don