FSXA ADE 175 - Cannot get Custom Line textures to appear

Since update to V1.76.6715 from ADE 170 I cannot create a custom line. When the GP Editor (V2.2.16) comes up, there is no indication of available 'Line Pattern/Style' or 'Main Texture' for that matter, they are grayed out. Checking the texture folders, all are there and all have the contents. It seems that the linkage between the GP Editor and the textures is broken but cannot find how to point the GP Editor to the proper folders. Of course, you can never get the 'OK' to become active because the line construction is not complete without a texture. Ground Polys work fine, it is only the custom lines that have an issue finding the textures.

For what it is worth, ADE 170 worked fine.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

I would 1st update your ADE_GP to the latest (v2.2.18) Hopefully, that will help.

http://stuff4fs.com/ - Then tabbing over to "User Applications" - Sliding down to "ADE Ground Polys (ADE_GP)" and click. Then from the left hand side clicking on the "Latest General Release" tab.

Last edited:
Hello...

I would 1st update your ADE_GP to the latest (v2.2.18) Hopefully, that will help.

http://stuff4fs.com/ - Then tabbing over to "User Applications" - Sliding down to "ADE Ground Polys (ADE_GP)" and click. Then from the left hand side clicking on the "Latest General Release" tab.
Thanks Doug but it didn't help. Copied the files as directed and v2.2.18 does show up, but in the same condition.

ADE GP 2-2-18 Results.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
What do you see in Tools/GP Texture Editor when you use the drop down box? I suspect that the Texture_Def.txt file in the main ADE folder may be missing or corrupt.

Not much Tom. That is why I think there is a linkage issue. For info, I reloaded the ADE 175 thinking something got clobbered during initial install and I still get the same. Texture Definition works fine, but Line Style Definition states 'None' and there is no pull-down available, yet the textures are there for it, especially the desired 'taxiway_marks.bmp.

ADE GP Texture Editor Pull Down.jpg

Edited: I just went into the directory for ADE175 and replaced the current Texture_Def.txt file with an older one that worked (aka - ADE170). They were in-fact quite different (still have both). But, to no avail.

Al Heline

Last edited:
BINGO!!! :oops::oops::oops:

Thank you Don. I guess I missed that step in the book and the memory bank (brain or what is left of it).

Al