• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 19, not saving image

Country
italy
Hi,

I import image to ADE (for tracing), all ok, no problem import, no problem to georeferencing...

I save Project (no error), but when I reopen (to continue work) the image it's missing.
I have test with JPG, BMP and PNG, every time that I reopen project, image it's missing.

Any help?

(ADE latest version)
Marco

Country
unitedstates
Did you check the list of images to see if it was listed and shown as visible? I have used background images for years without any issue, but I have not used geo referencing to locate and scale the image. Also, I am not using the latest alpha 19 version.

Country
italy
Yes, I see and show "visible". The problem it's when (after save) I close e when I load again to continue working... image missing... not see, not in list.
The problem exist also with other image with not georeferencing.

Country
australia
Hi. Im pretty sure Jon told me once that the background image is not compiled with the project and so (at least for the Alphas) it needs to be readded each time the project is opened.

Country
unitedstates
I downloaded and installed alpha 19 just to make sure something didn't happen in that version and had no problems adding an image, saving and reloading with the image displayed. It doesn't seem likely that you are accidentally hiding the image, but you can check by opening the view drop-down menu and selecting restore hidden objects. However, are you saying that the image "is" or "is not" on the image list when the project is reloaded?

Again, I am not having any problem with images not showing, and they do not have to be re-added each time the project is opened.

Country
australia
Hi. Sorry, for me the image has to be reloaded each time. I am using the two way editing. Are you?

Country
italy
Partially solved.
If I check "Two way edit" (also if I do not use, no start fs2020, no open sdk), ADE not reload image whwn reload for continue work.
If I leave Uncheck... save and reopen... image it's present

Country
unitedstates
Okay, now I see the option not to check two-way editing when starting a project. It was announced that alpha 19 was just for testing. Since it includes some fixes not in alpha 18, can it reliably be used on projects with two-way editing unchecked?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It's been solved. If Two way editing is enabled then ADE shares and stores XML code with the In Sim Dev Mode. Since there is no valid element in the schema for background images they are lost. If Two way editing is disabled then ADE uses the .ade20 file to save a load information. Since this does not need to be xml schema compatible there are a number of things that can be saved in this scenerio.

Part of the future development path for ADE 2020 is to allow the storing of non XML compliant elements for a project which will get loaded alongside the XML elements.