• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE Alpha 21 HF2 Project not saved

Country
us-newyork
I created a version of KALB from stock, did some editing, saved the project and built it. I came back the next day opened the project, did some more editing, saved the project without building it. An hour later I opened the project and none of the previous changes were saved. I looked all over for the project file thinking it was saved in different folder, but it wasn't. The project file date was from the original save which was also built. Any thoughts, as I have never seen this happen before in 20 other versions. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
To be clear these are changes in the ADE project file which are going missing? I have not seen it before. Is this a project which is set to two way editing or not? The only difference is that if it is two way editing then ADE loads the project from the source XML. If not two way editing then it loads from the .ade20 file. However both are updated (or should be whenever you save.

Country
us-newyork
Yes two way editing was ticked. I'll try to edit the project again today, make some minor changes and see if they are saved when the project is saved.

Country
us-newyork
I fixed it by adding "run as administrator" to the ADE exe file. It must be a permissions issue of some sort.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hmm - interesting. ADE should be run as administrator

Country
us-newyork
Hmm - interesting. ADE should be run as administrator
Unfortunately that didn't work after successive edits either. The sequence Save Project, Build Project, Save Project, Project Properties, results in ADE generating a dialog box, "No project loaded. Please check that you have a properly loaded project.".

Something is going awry after successive Save Project, Build Project sequences within one ADE session. It almost looks to me like you can only do one Save Project, Build Project per ADE session.

Country
us-newyork
Could it have something to do with the "Load previous project" option? At least by turning that off and loading the project from the menu, I could get rid of the dialog box mentioned above. That also allowed me to edit items and the edits were saved for the next session.

I'm sorry to be a bit disorganized about explaining/debugging this, but it seems to be something to do with flags that are set by ADE that indicate editing, saving and building status.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Load previous project is probably the culprit since there is no confirmed support that works in ADE 2020 - in fact I can see several ways why it won't It's a function from ADE for FSX/P3D that got left in the new code but should be removed. For now make sure it is turned off and I will disable it for the next update

I nearly always load from the Recent Files menu.

Mea Culpa for not disabling it before :(

Country
us-newyork
Thanks. Also a few other things that I've noticed recently. The R key select doesn't always show the black bounding box. I'm at 4K screen resolution, so maybe that's the issue. And when selecting single taxiway links, raw data view is shown, rather than the editing dialog. It's only important, because raw data view doesn't show the taxiway letter, only the index.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I'll check the R key. We changed the default edit dialog to the RDV some versions ago to keep up with the flood of new attributes. It's possible to turn it off so that you get the Edit dialog. However I can probably arrange for the taxiway letter to be shown in the property grid as read only or linked to the index - I would need to look at that.