• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE Does Not Start

Country
sweden
I have initial problem- nothing happens on the desktop after installing the files after unzipped them, also the files that was installed from the main installation file and trying running the ADE 20 exe file. What am I doing wrong? Is there a install file I should initiate instead?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I am trying to understand what you are doing

First I need to know if you already installed a version of the alpha - say alpha 11? If so then did you just download the patch zip and copy the three files over into the existing installation?

If no did you download the full alpha 12 installation which contains all the files needed or did you download the patch zip with a couple of files in it. If you have not already installed the alpha then the patch will not work. My best suggestion is to download the full alpha 12 package and copy it into a clean folder. If you double click the airport design editor 20 .exe file and it does not do anything then right click on it and choose Run As Administrator. If that works then there may be something odd about where you put the Alpha package. It should not go into a folder like C:\program files (x86) or any other that may be subject to user access control

If you are not sure then some screen shots of the installation you made would be helpful

Country
sweden
I have downloaded and unzipped the alpha 11 folder, in addition the twu unzipped files within the unzipped folder and put those files in the first mentioned folder. Thats a mistake I guess. I will now search alpha 12 package instead and dont put it beyong Diokument folders but create a folder under C:\
SDK should be installed but I will check
Will revert
Åke

Country
sweden
Hmm, get a initial problem;
Skärmklipp1.JPG

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
PLEASE READ the installation instructions.

Country
sweden
Yes, this is what I try...it becomes a bit of rocket science however I am not able to provide the correct string referred to in the Instructions to solve the latter problem:

Skärmklipp3.JPG

Something is wrong here - FullName should be replaced also I assume but with what file....(name)?

Country
sweden
Well, finally succeeded after some trial and errors, now got this message which I believe is just an advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• Skärmklipp4.JPG
    Skärmklipp4.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 36

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes - you need to set the paths in the New User Wizard or Settings > Options

Country
sweden
I did, its working nicely now. When do you think the building opportunity will be available? Created in Blender and imported/ imported from FSX and converted?
Great thanks for your support!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I did, its working nicely now. When do you think the building opportunity will be available? Created in Blender and imported/ imported from FSX and converted?
Great thanks for your support!
Not sure what you mean. ADE 2020 can take custom glTF models now and add them into the airport. It does not support the older mdl format but that can be converted using ModelConvertX