• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE For MSFS Error.

Country
ca-ontario
I get the error "Could not load file or assembly ...AvailableAddins.dll or one of its dependencies."

I have checked, and the file is there.

Thanks for all your work!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 140
Country
australia
Hi. On Windows 10 the dlls will probably be blocked. You need to locate that dll (and the others in that folder) and unblock them in the properties. I’m pretty sure Jon put these steps in the document

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It is in the Notes pdf about how to fix this.

Country
ca-ontario
I get the following:

PS C:\msfs\ADE_MSFS> Get-ChildItem "V:\alpha_10" -recurse -file | % {Unblock-File -Path $_.FullName}

Get-ChildItem : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'file'.
At line:1 char:38
+ Get-ChildItem "V:\alpha_10" -recurse -file | % {Unblock-File -Path $_ ...
+ ~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( : ) [Get-ChildItem], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetChildItemCommand

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
it seems you used the command with the example path to the ADE installation in it. change "V:\alpha_10" to the path to the folder you put the ADE program in to. Failing that do the files one at a time based on the information in the link

Country
ca-ontario
How long should it take to build? I created a new project, just a runway and an exclude to start. After clicking build, I left it for a long time, but no cmd window ever appeared, and there is nothing in the packages folder for the project.

Country
ca-ontario
That's about what I was guessing, my project has never built. It should be in the packages folder, correct? Not package definitions or something.

Any thoughts as to why it might not be building? All the folders are set.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If you can't build your project then make a backup of it and attach it to a post here so we can check it, The backup a project use Project > Backup

1609013054181.png

This will create a zipped backup of the project located in the root folder you set for projects. Just post that here and we can take a look

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
That's about what I was guessing, my project has never built. It should be in the packages folder, correct? Not package definitions or something.

Any thoughts as to why it might not be building? All the folders are set.

Yes it should build in the Packages folder. I don't know why its not but we cross posted so make a backup and post it and we will try to build it. BTW are you using the MS or Steam Edition of MSFS?

Country
ca-ontario
I'm using the MS version. I have created the backup and included it. I've thrown a few little taxiways in to see if it would help build, no difference.

Attachments

• khpf_v0.01_Backup.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 136
Country
ca-ontario
Oh interesting. I closed everything down, then relaunched, and tried to build. I get the attached error.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 131

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - I loaded your project and it built fine here with SDK '9'

1609057008481.png

The 1 failed package is because you have not entered a title or creator but it is not a fatal issue and the main package built

1609057106813.png

And it appears in sim. You have a lot of vegetation that needs clearing - the Exclusion Rectangle won't work but it is there

1609057849588.png

Country
ca-ontario
What's the best method to clear the vegetation? I used to do it using landclass polys, is that method still valid?

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
runways, aprons and taxiways have attributes to clear vegetation. Vegetation can be set using a scenery polygon. According to one of my contacts in Asobo MSFS abuses aprons. You will find that there are up to 10 times as many aprons for a MSFS airport against the same airport for FSX. There is even a surface material called CLEAR_SURFACE which I have not checked but suspect it might clear the ground?