• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Ade-gp 0.0.60

Don,

I hope you took at least the time to have some strong coffee.
It looks like there is still something wrong:

60linetype.jpg

I see only two vertices and no lines to connect those two or the invisible ones.

Roby

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Roby, generally, just sending me a picture of the end result isn't enough for me to diagnose the issue unless it's a general problem. For this sort of issue, I need your ADE file and a little verbage telling me what you were doing. It's also sometimes helpful to include your textures_def and lines_def files if the issue appears to be related to a specific texture/line type.

Don

Will do, Don.
But first dinner and you some coffee:).
PS dragging hoirzontally remains disabled after zooming in.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
PS dragging hoirzontally remains disabled after zooming in.
Roby, once again, you've got to be more specific. While I'm not saying it's not a problem for you, I can confirm it's not a general problem. Dragging vertices horizontally work for me as well after zooming as before (and I can think of no reason why it shouldn't.)

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

The combo box fills immediately when you choose the Main Texture, so that seems to be fixed. I can now click OK when editing a polygon too.

I can confirm that flipping polygons is remembered; it's only lines that are not.

The only problem I see so far is that when you create a new line or select a new Main Texture for an existing line, when you select a line style the line display in the main window is not positioned over that line stye. However, if you then zoom a little, it will jump to the correct line style position.

This is only a visual error - if you click OK with it positioned on the wrong style, the ADE tooltip reports the correct line style, and if you go back into the GP Editor, the line appears properly positioned.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Something strange about new lines. Line type selection works as it should when editing lines.

I'm going to send you another release shortly that MAY preserve line flips. (Actually, I'm sure it will preserve line flips; I'm worried about unpleasant side-effects.) I'd like you guys to use it for a bit to see it there are any side-effects. I'll also fix this new-line problem in that release.

Don

GHD

Country
england
First try with 0.0.50.

Edited an existing line:

It stated that no line type was selected.

Selected a line type:

It looks ok so I zoomed in and moved the start points to the edge of the texture sheet:

Compiled, saved and reloaded into ADE:

The line type hasn't been saved.

Ran FSX and the pattern has been squashed longitudinally (and I think it is inverted):

This is the texture:

The texture is 512x1024 and the line is defined as 30.4m wide by 10.5m high.

As the width is 512 pixels, the height should be (10.5 * 512) / 30.4 = 176.842

As one cannot have a fraction of a pixel, I made the height 175 pixels (which is about 0.088% difference)

It appears that the line has been tiled incorrectly along its length.

Of course, I may be completely incorrect in my assumptions so I would be grateful for your comments.

Attached is the ADE project, my added textures and Def files.

Edit. Sorry, the line in question is situated on the northern edge of runway 26:

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
This is the problem I was refering to earlier this morning. What I'm trying to understand is why the line type is disappearing. Now that I've got a file processed by the latest release, I should be able to figure it out.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
George, the gp_RwyEdge runway edge stripes in the file you sent me are of two types- Runway Edge and Runway Edge Vertical. The latter was "disclosed' in the ADE tooltip, the other was not. What's strange, is that all the other data (texture name, width, X/Y, U/V) was there for both types.

As soon as I tried to assign a line type, my system threw an exception when I attempted to display the tooltip for the first (slant) pattern. The error was in my editor and is now fixed. Nonetheless, my system crashed while yours didn't. I can think of no possible explanation for this. It is the line type on which I experienced the crash that was not displayed in the ADE tooltip. Once I fixed the coding error, it too is reported in properly.

So, it appears that your system somehow recovered from the exception and saved the data - except for the Line Type.

We had a similar "discussion" re AIFP a couple of months ago. Are you sure your NET/Framework is "standard"?

Ran FSX and the pattern has been squashed longitudinally (and I think it is inverted)
Yes, it does!. By a factor of exactly 2. I don't have an explanation for that yet. But, if I find one, I'll fix it.

Don

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Let me confirm that when you moved the left edge of the line to the edge of the texture you had selected *all the vertices of the line* before doing that move?

GHD

Country
england
Yes, it does!. By a factor of exactly 2. I don't have an explanation for that yet. But, if I find one, I'll fix it.

Don

Yes, it is exactly two:

Great, I'll look forward to the fix :D

Once that is fixed I can finish the layout as a demonstration for Roby.

I already know the poblem with the other runway edges, they were defined as two-point lines which uses a different scaling.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
George, are you standing up or lying down when you test these things?

You defined the gp_RwyEdge_304x105 texture in textures_def as:
gp_RwyEdge_304x105|0|30.4|false​
That's 30.4m vertical. But, the texture sheet size is 512h x 1024v, so the system would infer a horizontal coverage for that texture of 15.2. And that's exactly what you got!!!

If you define the texture sheet as 30.4M horizontal, your lines will be spaced 30.4m apart.

Don