• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AFLT3 Final Beta Release Posted

Country
france
Thanks Don.

But I'm not able to create a bgl file. Still the same error in AFLT3 (I have 3.0.05).
I got errors, not just warnings. I tried also with Library Creator XML. I set the bglcomp for P3D4 and FSX.
And Library Creator says : INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR #C1003: Failed to create MSXML object!
Is there a problem with this wigwag model? Or I missed something?
I already compiled a lot of sceneries with hundreds of objects but I have a new PC with a new installation maybe I forgot to install or setup something....? I don"t think SDKs need to be installed again. Programs just need to know where are the bglcomp.exe.

Country
france
NET 4.5 was already installed on my PC . I forgot to say I have Windows 10 now.
I installed MSXML 4.0 SP3 as suggested in the ADE help page.
I still have the same error in AFLT3 and it goes further with Library Creator :

Code:
18:30    BGLXWriter    Information    Starting writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.bgl
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Starting writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.xml
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Finished writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.xml
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    Parsing document: MBSLights.xml
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2014: Failed to load model data in file: J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\Lights\LFML_wigwag.mdl
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2149: Failed to load model data!  Does the file exist?
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2032: XML Parse Error!  Element tree follows:
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR: <FSData
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:     version = 9.0
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR: >
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:     <ModelData
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:         sourceFile = J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\Lights\LFML_wigwag.mdl
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:     >
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 4!
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    Parse complete!
18:30    BGLXWriter    Information    Finished writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.bgl
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Starting writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights lib.xml
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Finished writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights lib.xml

Corrupted mdl file? MCX can't open the file. So I guess that's the first problem and why I can't make a BGL file.

Here's the library folder for AFLT3. Ant the 6 windows I get while trying to use AFLT3.

Attachments

• AirfieldLigthsToolkit.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 254
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 284
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    3.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    1.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    1.8 KB · Views: 248

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
NET 4.5 was already installed on my PC . I forgot to say I have Windows 10 now.
I installed MSXML 4.0 SP3 as suggested in the ADE help page.
I still have the same error in AFLT3 and it goes further with Library Creator :

Code:
18:30    BGLXWriter    Information    Starting writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.bgl
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Starting writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.xml
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Finished writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.xml
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    Parsing document: MBSLights.xml
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2014: Failed to load model data in file: J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\Lights\LFML_wigwag.mdl
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2149: Failed to load model data!  Does the file exist?
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2032: XML Parse Error!  Element tree follows:
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR: <FSData
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:     version = 9.0
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR: >
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:     <ModelData
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:         sourceFile = J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\Lights\LFML_wigwag.mdl
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:     >
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    ERROR:
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 4!
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!
18:30    BGLCommp    Information    Parse complete!
18:30    BGLXWriter    Information    Finished writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights.bgl
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Starting writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights lib.xml
18:30    XMLWriter    Information    Finished writing of file J:\AirfieldLigthsToolkit\MBSLights lib.xml

Corrupted mdl file? MCX can't open the file. So I guess that's the first problem and why I can't make a BGL file.

Here's the library folder for AFLT3. Ant the 6 windows I get while trying to use AFLT3.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Don't know what's happened, but I am now getting the same error. I'll investigate and make a bew release ASAP.

Don

Country
france
OK, so I guess you tested this version with things made with a previous version so you didn't point out this problem.
And really thanks for trying to help me and your patience. I'm a bit relieved if I wasn't totally stupid? :cool:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
so I guess you tested this version with things made with a previous version so you didn't point out this problem.
No, I committed a development sin. Following extensive testing, I made a simple change to the source code that should not have affected anything to delete some unneeded code. Then, Murphy's Law took over.

A corrected .exe version (3.0.06) is attached. The website has been updated.

My apologizes,
Don

Attachments

• AFLT3.zip
    134.9 KB · Views: 191
Country
france
Thank you Don, you don't need to apologize. that's already very nice to share all your work!!!!;)

Now it's working. I'm able to place with ADE the object and have the 3D model in P3D.
But I don't have any light. I tried to understand the XML in the addon folder, read the manual... But I have difficulty to understand what is really "orientation" parameter when I create the wigwag object. I set it first to 0°. Then to 241.8° wich is the orientation for one wigwag but without success. Can you explain please?
Is it the orientation from the object or the user point of view? User-facing heading, that means I have to make a different object for each orientation I have beside the holding points on my airport?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
But I don't have any light.
Let me be sure I understand the problem. Do you mean that there's no light where you expect it to be, or that there's no light at all, i.e., you've circled the 3D model in the user aircraft and there's no light form any direction? If the former, it's probably an orientation problem. If the latter it's another issue entirely.

As indicated on the main panel, wigwag orientation is "user-facing". The 3D model is oriented in its placement data, i.e., by ADE, The light is oriented from the main panel. So, yes, you are going to need two models.

If you are reporting no light at all, I'll need your Library Folder again. Please also confirm that your Documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons folder contains a subfolder named "AFLT for P3D" with contents identical to the AFLT for P3D folder in your Library Folder and that, when you start P3D, a small dialog with Connect and Disconnect buttons appears on your taskbar. (It will be minimized, so you'll have to open it to see the buttons).

Don

Last edited:
Country
france
No light at all circling around the 3D model, anyway the one with the same orientation as in the model (the other one is not set properly for now).

It will be 36 different models for 18 holding point in Marseille airport :rolleyes:

Yes it seems I have all the required folders. I zipped the one in Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.
I have also AFLT for P3D starting and connected to P3D.

Attachments

• AFLT for P3D (Prepar3D v4 Add-ons).zip
    328.1 KB · Views: 192
    168.9 KB · Views: 159

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It looks like you have elected to have ADE generate two .bgl files, one for the airport and another for objects. That won't work (as detailed at the bottom of page 11 of the user manual). As a consequence, AFLT "thinks" your airport is on the equator south of London, i.e., 0/0. AFLT only turns on the lights for a given airport when about 20 miles away. Other wise, your data appears to be OK.

Don

Country
france
Yes, but it was because I read it was required previously.

Anyway, I changed the option in ADE to recover one bgl file for objects and airport data.
I made 15 objects and place 2 wigwags oriented 313.3°. Don't look at the other wigwag placed. I didn't change the model yet. I placed them to know the orientation I need to make in the library.
And so, still no light. These 2 wigwags are situated near 13L on D1 holding point if you want to see.
I tried with and without illumination selected in the compile parameters of ADE but it seems to be for another goal (I didn't find explanation for this parameter in ADE manual...).

Attachments

• Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.zip
    347.7 KB · Views: 179
    257 KB · Views: 171
  • LFML_ADEP4_MBS.ad4
    392.5 KB · Views: 155

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I copied the contents of your AFLT for P3D folder into mine at Documents/Prepar3D v4 Addons and navigated to LFML. The lights are flashing as they should be.

You have a copy of add-on.xml both inside and outside your AFLT for P3D folder. The one outside shouldn't be there and may be causing a problem.

Beyond that, all I can tell you is that with the stock wigwag, the lights are small and can only be seen up close within the 120 degree arc in front of the wigwag and below 45 degrees in the vertical plane. You are at liberty to change both the size of the light and its visible range.

Don

Country
france
Yes, you're absolutely right. I don't know how this file came there. And I had to run manually AFLT (SimObjects), so yes, add-on.xml wasn't recognized then but it didn't make me think something was wrong as I've been able to connect.disconnect.
Now I deleted the one in "AFLT for P3D" folder and now........ THAT'S WORK PERFECTLY !!!!!! I'm happy. Thank you for everything. Hope all of that will help someone.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Country
france
Almost...

I made 34 differents wigwags with 34 orientation and placed 36.
6 have a problem. The light effect seems to be shifted to the back of the 3D model making them flashing with a low intensity masked by the object front face. See the video.
It seems they are placed inside ADE with the same orientation that the lights made with AFLT3. Strange, but maybe a problem with rounded coordinates???
If you want to check they are on holding points :
D1 right - 223.2°
D2 left - 231.5°
D7 left - 178.9°
D9 right - 236.6°
E3 right (to 31L/13R) - 258.9
E9 right (to 31R/13L) - 78.8°

Attachments

• Prepar3D 2018.07.12 - 15.38.44.01 yt.zip
    674.7 KB · Views: 151
  • AFLT for P3D.zip
    373.2 KB · Views: 158
  • LFML_ADEP4_MBS.ad4
    455.7 KB · Views: 162
    376.6 KB · Views: 175

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have investigated only D1 right. In that case, if you look carefully, the light is not at the back of the model but, rather, a few millimeters behind the front panel of the 3D model.

There are several possible explanations for this. Among them are:
  • P3D positions scenery objects and simobjects using different algorithms, or the respective positions are held at different precisions, such that a scenery object and a simobject located at the same geographic position may be displayed at slightly different positions.
  • Rounding in ADE and/or AFLT.
To give you some idea of the scale of the problem, 1 mm represents the 8th decimal point when positions are held in degrees (like AFLT) and the 10th decimal point when held in radians (as does ADE)

The good news is that this can be fixed by having AFLT display the light (i.e., position the simobject which is the light) further in front of the 3D model. The bad news is that this involves tweaking all the base models. There are about 60 of them, so it's a lot of work. But, before doing anything, I need to know for sure what's causing the difference in display positions on before I start. Hopefully, that investigation will suggest a simpler solution.

In the meantime, there are a few things you could try to address your specific situation. I suggest you attempt them in the order below.
  • Move the problem wigwags slightly. (If the problem is as I suspect, the nature of the situation should change - and hopefully, be resolved.)
  • Having generated the XML file referenced by AFLT's Make Library function, move the wigwag BACK, slightly, in ADE and recompile. (Don't save the .ad4 file containing the adjusted position.)
  • Use LOD-variable size models - selectable on the Make Library panel. (Just make that selection and re-compile.)
  • Adjust the attributes of the wigwag effect (fx_AFLT_Wigwag.fx).
Don

Country
france
Yes, I said the back but wanted to say backward, at the back of the front face (my bad english).
I'm going to move the wigwags slightly. It was one of my idea too and see if the rounding makes the things better. BTW I have 30/36 wigwags that are ok, so with a chance...If you don't use ADE for positionning maybe the reason you never see this problem despite all the object you already made, if of course that's the problem. And yes I think the best should be to move the light forward but yes a lot of work.

Thank you Don !!!

Country
france
Well I've moved slightly just the 6 ones wich were bad. Recompile with ADE, redo the light library. The problems have moved. Some wich were OK are now bad, some bad are now OK... So it's rather unpredictable and certainly due to calculations.

So I change for LOD-variable size and it works better. Also I prefer the increased intensity closer to reality. I just have 2 wigwags now where I can see the shift but as the intensity is higher, it could be ok. Maybe the difference is also due to the recompilation.
Anyway I'll have to add a trigger.

Can I just edit the xml file to change triggering without recompil?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Anyway I'll have to add a trigger.
Can I just edit the xml file to change triggering without recompile?​
Don't understand what you mean by the first statement. Feel free to edit the final XML, but please don't ask for assistance in doing so.

Don