• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

AI boats start point problem

Country
spain
Hello. This is my first post and I take the opportunity to congratulate and thank the work of the entire community.
My question is the following:
I have created some routes for boats that work correctly, the first, second and two last points separated several dimensions of the boat. The problem is that it works, as long as its not near the docks, then it disappears at the start time.
Its a photorealistic scenery, no objects nearby.
Something I must be doing wrong, because I have seen photos of the wonderful Global AI Shipping Package or other creators and docked ships are seen. Are they static objects? ... what do I do wrong? It is not very nice to see boats anchored at a certain distance from the docks.
Thanks so much...and greetings.

Country
denmark
Hello. This is my first post and I take the opportunity to congratulate and thank the work of the entire community.
My question is the following:
I have created some routes for boats that work correctly, the first, second and two last points separated several dimensions of the boat. The problem is that it works, as long as its not near the docks, then it disappears at the start time.
Its a photorealistic scenery, no objects nearby.
Something I must be doing wrong, because I have seen photos of the wonderful Global AI Shipping Package or other creators and docked ships are seen. Are they static objects? ... what do I do wrong? It is not very nice to see boats anchored at a certain distance from the docks.
Thanks so much...and greetings.
Hi - you might have seen a screenshot like the below - that is AI ships and not static, so it is absolutely possible to have ships docking.

19092106472616112916417780.jpg

To do it you must use the "ferry" and not "cargo" type when you make the traffic plan file. As an example:

AC#1,vangu,5%,24Hr,00:03:56,11:57:40,85543,normal,ferry,12:03:47,23:57:31,85543,reverse,ferry

With ferry the ship will stop on top of the last node in the route, so you can place it quite precisely. With cargo the ship will end somewhere within a circle around the last node.

Country
spain
Hello and thanks KL791...
I have check the PlansXXX of my route and is like yours: "
AC#1,Hesperides,5%,WEEK,0/11:00:00,3/13:04:20,80020,normal,ferry,3/15:00:00,6/17:04:20,80020,reverse,ferry"
I think the problem is other:
Problema AI Boats.jpg

In the picturer you can see some start positions that i have check and works, and there are two BAD in red. in those positions, the ship appears, in traffic explorer starts as sleep, and at time of departure...buff, it dessapiers.
Any idea...

Country
denmark
Hello and thanks KL791...
I have check the PlansXXX of my route and is like yours: "
AC#1,Hesperides,5%,WEEK,0/11:00:00,3/13:04:20,80020,normal,ferry,3/15:00:00,6/17:04:20,80020,reverse,ferry"
I think the problem is other:
View attachment 54823
In the picturer you can see some start positions that i have check and works, and there are two BAD in red. in those positions, the ship appears, in traffic explorer starts as sleep, and at time of departure...buff, it dessapiers.
Any idea...
Do you get the same thing every time in the same place? Is there any changes in e.g. water/land definition at that exact point? if no design difference then how are you doing the route? Google Earth KML? How long do you have between the two last points on the route? How long does the ship stay inactive? Are there a lot of heavy scenery in the surrounding? If the ship stays for long inactive and there is a lot of scenery around the ship can "pop"... disappear before your eyes... that actually also happens with Ai planes at overcrowed airports. At the moment I am creating the routes for the Royal Navy entering San Carlos bay in Falklands during the 1982 war - I want to keep my ships inactive at the end point for a couple of hours and that is a challenge without experiencing the popping. The shorter the stay the better. You can eventually PM the route and I can test over the weekend and see if the same thing happen with my installation...

Country
spain
Ok ... found the problem thanks to your questions.
I have a photoreal scenario of around 2gb in the area, so when I turn it off ... it works.
Bad luck, I'll have to put the start away from the coast to make it work well, adjusting as close the dock as i have.
Thank you very much for your help, I discovered the problem and learned something else.
I will keep catching up with the boats. The truth is that it hooks...;)

Country
brazil
Sad to read this! Im trick with "boats", use a route for a bus (inserted on boats folder) starting into a point of scenery and cross to other point, also runs good, but after a week, the "traffic" is inoperative, the bus appear on start point, disappear sometimes and never start the "flightplans". Im in doubt if a compilation fail or heavy scenery things around. Im trying with 24hr flightplan mode.

Country
spain
My problem was because of a heavy scenery I had installed. The ship appeared but the route did not begin and after a while it disappeared. I tried changing the periodicity but it didn't work. So with the recommendation of KL791, I deactivated the scenary and "voila" it worked.
As I did not want to have to remove the stage, I was modifying the starting point, separating it from the coast until it worked.
I don't know if this can work for you. Good luck...