• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Airbus A350 XWB

You should use standard keyframe animations for mechanical objects and bones only for objects that need to deform such as wing flex and pilot animation etc. Don't confuse this with what scenery people do with jetways.

You should use standard keyframe animations for mechanical objects and bones only for objects that need to deform such as wing flex and pilot animation etc. Don't confuse this with what scenery people do with jetways.

So what I've done is a big waste of time any I can better animate the parts as the parts they are?

So what I've done is a big waste of time any I can better animate the parts as the parts they are?

Hi F747fly!

What I have learn t, if you are animating a part of an aircraft that is made up of more than one mesh than you should animate it with out using bones. But if you are animating a single mesh that needs to move other than on an axis, or as an whole object then you need to use bones to animate the object.

Example lets say that you are animating the control yoke. The control yoke needs to pivot in the X and Y axis. So you do not use bones to animate the movement. But the yoke boot that covers the control cables is one object (one mesh). So because you do not want it to just rotate on it's X or Y axis as a whole object, you will need to animate it mesh. So you will need to use bones to control the mesh movement.

I hope this explains the difference a little better.

Thanks, Kris :)

I think it's not a bad choice to animate the Landing Gear with bones. I do this as well with my T.5's undercarriage and yokes. These yokes include a rotational movement of the base stick around X and a rotational movement of the volant arount Y. Control cables are open visible, so they are taken along in this skinned mesh. And the boot as well.

Thanks for the tips people! I took a look at it and this example gear works fine without bones aswell. Though the real problem (and I have onnly just realized this... what was I thinking?) is that the actuators get twisted while being retracted on 3 places. In the following images I makred the twisting possitions with Red and the folding or rotating possitions with green:

gear_2.png

gear_4.png

This is causing a problem for me as the example gear was rotating in 2D, but this things gotta rotate in 3D... Gonna be tricky I think.
Be I'll first rebuilt, since the current parts have lost their rotational (tdue to my own fault).

Thanks for the tips people! I took a look at it and this example gear works fine without bones aswell. Though the real problem (and I have onnly just realized this... what was I thinking?) is that the actuators get twisted while being retracted on 3 places. In the following images I makred the twisting possitions with Red and the folding or rotating possitions with green:

View attachment 25387

View attachment 25388

This is causing a problem for me as the example gear was rotating in 2D, but this things gotta rotate in 3D... Gonna be tricky I think.
Be I'll first rebuilt, since the current parts have lost their rotational (tdue to my own fault).
I wish I could help you on this because animating gear is my favorite thing to do but the methods between Max and Blender are different I would assume. In Max I make use of Look at and Path constraints quite a bit.

Well Paul I think I've just got a bit more insight into the actual system now (it looks verry odd on videos).
I'm gonna give it another shot ;) I willl be using "tack to" constraints which I believe is similar to Max's Path constraint. Ahh I remember the gear you made for Mallard, a piece of beauty! I could only hope for half the details on my gear :)

Good to see a wireframe view, as far as Blender does it. I remember learning from just seeing Gmax and Max models in wireframe view.

Good to see a wireframe view, as far as Blender does it. I remember learning from just seeing Gmax and Max models in wireframe view.

Really?! In blender you have two wireframe view types. This one is made in the combination of object mode and wireframe view, you canalso view wireframe in edit mode which then shows the edges, verts or faces depending on which selection mode is selected.

Also thank you to Friedolien and Dave Hoeffgen fir the kind wirds and like! :)

Looks absolutely cool. Really gives the impression like it actually flies. :D
Can't wait to see it textured though.

Just a little side information:
I recently read that the tail section of the fuselage is manufactured in Augsburg, my home town and is currently the largest carbon fibre part built in Europe.

Thanks! I think Premium Aerotec is making the rear fusalage shell for the -1000

Im reporting back with bad news, I couldnt really get into the cockpit as I was running on a short connection in heathrow, so sadly no new photos for you :(
The aircraft was a real pleasure to fly on in real life!
But I see you have progressed very well on the project, keep it going.

Im reporting back with bad news, I couldnt really get into the cockpit as I was running on a short connection in heathrow, so sadly no new photos for you :(
The aircraft was a real pleasure to fly on in real life!
But I see you have progressed very well on the project, keep it going.

Well that's no problem ;) I hops you had a good trip!

Just another question on the Cockpit buliding Phase...

I wonder if the automatic GWPS voice and the TCAS Voice interphases will be included in your Panel... some of the FS9 and or FSX airplanes got them installed and working flawlessly such as the Wilco Airbuses, the CLS Airplanes, the iFly 737 and some of the PMDG's as well... but is not included in any Freeware airplane actually... so, would you include that into your A350 Cockpit as well?

Would be a very nice Feature to have, actually...

Just another question on the Cockpit buliding Phase...

I wonder if the automatic GWPS voice and the TCAS Voice interphases will be included in your Panel... some of the FS9 and or FSX airplanes got them installed and working flawlessly such as the Wilco Airbuses, the CLS Airplanes, the iFly 737 and some of the PMDG's as well... but is not included in any Freeware airplane actually... so, would you include that into your A350 Cockpit as well?

Would be a very nice Feature to have, actually...

I haven't had any indepth thoughts about that yet. I obviously aim to include such "effects", even if it would be just to keep the payware-option open for now...
Though I've yet to workout how to obtain the data necessary to get such a thing working.

Back