• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Alpha material and animations

Country
unitedstates
Hello,

I have an Interesting problem, I have a hanger with animated doors the hanger has a tower attached to it I made the tower glass transparent by adding a material named Glass_Tower and then Later just trans after applying the martial to the part in FSDS 3.0 you see the transparency in fsds also in the Sim the problem is after it is rendered to a mdl and placed using .x with makemdl I go to look at my hanger tower combo and the tower glass is hovering over the animated doors when triggered it moves with the animated doors as well, joining the model parts to the tower glass has no effect does any one have an idea what is going on with this? and or have any advice on how to fix it? I have spent many hours trying to fined a post here or else where describing this and or a fix and found nothing any help will be greatly apperciated:

Donald Miller

Last edited:
Country
ca-quebec
Hi,

I never attach animated object that I made. I think that you have to detach your door from parent part so it will be "free".

Country
unitedstates
hey, Jean

The part in question is not attached to the doors or animations. when I apply the material to the part, I want transparent when rendered it is then floating around the center of my animations. This only happens after applying the material (trans or glass_) to the part I want transparent. this is confusing to me as there should be no reason for this to happen this is also happening on a nother hanger I have animated with transparent windows:confused:

Donald miller

Country
ca-quebec
Do you apply material in animation or normal mode? Are you sure that your transparent texture is in the proper folder?

Country
unitedstates
textures

The texture goes in the texture folder for my scenery, I am building although since this is for FS9, I have been told I do not need a texture when I am applying a material to a part although when doing it that way the problem still exists whether I am using just a material with a alpha or a texture with an alpha

Country
ca-quebec
Do test the animation :
- without texture?
- with a non-alpha texture?
- with a non-trans material?

EDIT

I think I had a problem with animation when :
- I have selected several polygons in Polygon Mode (F7) to apply different material.
- I quit Polygon Mode but I forgot to unselect the selected polygons.
- I tried a lot of solutions until I returned to Polygon Mode (I never saw the selected polygons in other modes).

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
test the animation

I have tried the suggestions although the problem is not the animation in the model. The problem is when, I add a martial to to add transparency in an unrelated part that has nothing to do with the animation for some reason that puts the unrelated part hovering over the animated part in the Sim, I have researched tried tons of different concepts ext... nothing works, I can not fined a fix for this and have decided to move on with my project. Maybe I will re-tackle it later. I just want to say thank you very much for the help I really appreciate it.

Donald

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Make the glass a completely separate object and place it at the exact same coordinates as the tower.