• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Am I allowed to do them?

Messages
2,236
Country
france
Hi,
I'm asking myself if it's allowed to do these airport? maybe there are restriction or whatever :/

Everett Paine Field
Renton Municipal
King County (Boeing Field)

Thanks in advance

AS :)
 
Hey Marc,

Hopefully someone will chime in who does airfields.

That I know of, there should be no problem whatsoever. But, 'company names' might need to be changed as corporations sometimes freak when you use their logos. So if there is a building with something on it, you might need to change that. I 'think' you would be allowed to show Boeing. I know one team even did Area 51.

Some of the scenery people here would know.
 
The question is: Can I display copyrighted logos on buildings?

We are not lawyers.

Dick
 
It's weird as to do perfectly these airports, It's needed to add the logo :/
Anyway, I have others project before them ;)

AS
 
Wait what? Are you selling these airports? I know granted, you do something wrong, someone is going to sure you. Ok so where are you Marc, France? and you intend to make an airport, a part of which shows who's logo, Boeing? They are in America, mostly and they are going to sue you in France, the home country of arch rival Airbus; why, because you chose to make one of their local home fields, instead of an Airbus field? Are you making the logo look dangerous, like it endorses risky or illegal behavior? And in court, they are going to show you damaged them how?
Hypothetically speaking, I think I'd go for it. Now if the airport scenery encompasses an Aerosoft logo you'd need to reproduce, you would definitely want to proceed cautiously. Offer them a major share, like all of it for the credit of getting your name on the label.
 
Wait what? Are you selling these airports? I know granted, you do something wrong, someone is going to sure you. Ok so where are you Marc, France? and you intend to make an airport, a part of which shows who's logo, Boeing? They are in America, mostly and they are going to sue you in France, the home country of arch rival Airbus; why, because you chose to make one of their local home fields, instead of an Airbus field? Are you making the logo look dangerous, like it endorses risky or illegal behavior? And in court, they are going to show you damaged them how?
Hypothetically speaking, I think I'd go for it. Now if the airport scenery encompasses an Aerosoft logo you'd need to reproduce, you would definitely want to proceed cautiously. Offer them a major share, like all of it for the credit of getting your name on the label.

hem....sorry I don't understand verry much (as you mentionned, I'm french, so my english is not the best) can you re-explain clearly please :)
 
We had a company a while back who sent us a cease and desist about a picture someone posted (of Las Vegas I think) which showed a building with their logo on it. Very odd but of course we removed it. Made us wonder who in their organization had the time to trawl sites looking for things like this and what company would spend the money on this work. Sure if the company is in Defense or some other sensitive area but as I recall this was some kind of hotel chain.

As to using logos on buildings in Sim as Dick says we are not lawyers.
 
Not a lawyer but I wonder if this falls under fair-use?

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/fair-use-logos-2152.html

You can ask any logo owners for permission to use the logo. Chances are they will say no simply because that is easier for them than trying to verify that what you are doing will not harm their business.

You can put in a disclaimer saying that use of the logo does not represent any endorsement.

But, at the end of the day, when it comes to trademarks and copyright the only way you can get a definitive ruling is in a court.
 
Back
Top