Another compile error

This should be the last post [wail from the bugler]. I have taken a friend's airfield to rebuild, original not stock, and have this compile message:

Parsing document: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\ENNF_ADE_CG.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2014: Failed to load model data in file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\810d2ad8-d7b5-4393-aaad-edabe7f26e8c
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2149: Failed to load model data! Does the file exist?
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <ModelData
ERROR: sourceFile = 810d2ad8-d7b5-4393-aaad-edabe7f26e8c
ERROR: fileOffset = 0
ERROR: >
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <ModelData> near line 9!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

I have been through the forums so here is the data:
Bglcomp.xsd 22 Aug 07
BGLcomp.exe 26 Sep 07
FSX Acceleration and its SDK installed and being pointed to, by ADE.
The .bgl file I am correcting is an AFX.bgl from Flight1 which could be the problem?? I have enclosed the log and I think that it is pointing to a dual ILS problem but when I ran the checker there was no fault found.
All the files are in their original locs, so I am a bit stumped on this one.
Very nice programme guys. Charlie.

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The problem here is that this file appears to contain or use some model data. AFX can do this and uses models to create exclusions. Unfortunately this is not standard practice and can cause problems. ADE does not handle model data and will remove it. The guid reference to it still exists, hence the compiler error I suspect. I need to check the xml code generator for Models as well.

If you would like to post the Bgl then we can probably clean it up.

Last edited:
I need to check the xml code generator for Models as well.
Jon

We flush everthing out of the AFX airport except the fake non-compliant SDK model mdl they use for all the taxiway sign fake SceneryObjects (some of their airports have more then 50).

ADE does get rid of the multiple fake non-compliant SceneryObjects but holds the single Model.mdl.

Even if we flushed out everything we cannot not pull in the taxiway signs unless a stock airport is opened first which then allows us to set the exclusion as per the SDK and not what AFX does.

Thanks for your help guys. Here are the 2 .bgl files, the original is the ENNF SPECIAL and the other is my proposed ammendments. I fear that you are right about the AFX program [which he uses], so fingers crossed, Charlie.

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Well that does have the model data in it and also it gets passed into the ADE file unfortunately. This needs a fix. For future reference I think you can tell AFX not to put the modeldata into the final bgl file - it contains information about things like background images and other settings. Don't ask me why that did it that way :confused: I can fix the bgl file using SDE TestApp to remove the modeldata entry but can't remove that entry in the ADE file without an update to ADE. I will do that as soon as I can manage.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Final bit of the story I have added code to strip the ADE file of model data so this file is your ADE file without the problem and it compiles using ADE 1.05

Last edited:
Hats off to you and a big thanks from me and a group of virtual fliers from Norway. I don't think that many people will face this problem so please don't sweat on it just for me. However, I really appreciate your efforts and the speed of your responses - unparaleled in any other forum. Very impressive! Charlie.

An update for you. All the attachments worked and I used the ENNF.zip and rebuilt the airport in an hour, ADE is that friendly! Now, I am about to send the completed airport to the Norway crew but they will have to finish the scenery placement which I understand is built into AFX. Will the adjusted ADE file take the AFX scenery [thinking here of the taxiway signs which I have not done]? If you think that the modified ADE file will not take the AFX input then I will use your prog and Runway 12 to do it for them. Thank you, Charlie.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Charlie

You can add taxisigns with ADE which would be the preferred way to do it. What you can't do is add library objects. I don't think AFX will do that either.

Unfortunately I think AFX may do something odd with taxisigns when loading a stock airport - it may turn them into scenery objects although there is really no good reason to do that. We would have to see the result after it had been manipulated again in AFX.

As you will understand it can be very problematic working with AFX output. One of the primary design criteria for ADE (and for FSX Planner by the way) is to meet the specifications laid down by the FSX SDK and BglComp. AFX uses it's own compiler and while things work in FSX it may well be doing undocumented things. Nothing wrong with that per se but it can cause problems when using a tool that conforms to the published standards

Last edited:
Thanks, I will do the taxiway signs using ADE and they can do the rest using whatever they have to hand. And keeping up the tradition, it is all for free, exclam. That wraps it up, very many thanks again, pats on the back all round. Charlie.