Apron help, suddenly cannot compile

Good afternoon!

Going about a typical day altering airports, and I suddenly get the error below. I have not changed my processes (same routine) and have never had this error before.

If I draw the apron and don't modify it, I don't have any issues. If I click on the apron or change a texture, I get the message below.
I have tried creating aprons in several airports, and all get the same error.

ADE P5 01.79.7415 Pro Vers 00.00.7448 SDK 4.4.16.27106

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.ADECommonPropertiesDialog.saveApron()
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.ADECommonPropertiesDialog.ExecuteSaveProperties()
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.ADECommonPropertiesDialog.SaveProperties()
at ScruffyDuck.AirportDesignEditor.ADECommonPropertiesDialog.onSaveButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Sorry if this has been tackled before. I try to find my own solutions before i post.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks for the report. We are aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Please confirm which sim and which SDK - it seems you are working on P3D v5 and using a P3D v4 SDK. If that is the case then please install and use the relevant v5 SDK Also please update the ADE version. You are using 1.79.7415 and the current version is 1.79.7439.

OK, got it working after updating my SDK and ADE versions. Thanks again! I really hate to bother you with these simple fixes. While I have you here, I have not had the option to automatically update my ADE versions for some time now. I guess I have been lucky with installing the newest versions with no issues. Is there a version that I would need to go back to in order to get the automatic update option again (ex: vers 1.79)? I get a popup asking me if I would like to update, but it doesn't do anything.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The old updater worked only for minor updates. We have stopped using it. The latest production version is 1.78 which you can download. However if you are using P3D v5 then you need version 1.79. there is an update tracker in1.79 but it may not be reliable. 1.79 is a beta. The best way to see if there is an update is by checking the forum.