P3D v4 Areas elevations

Hello
i made a photoreal BGL file with water masks
i got the result i expected on the photo maps

but i found that the water in the flight sim doesn't match with the water in real life so it created an elevated water

i tried to solve that with ADE by making flatten terrain poly / execluding the airport background ... but it still like that

is there a way to flated that water to 0ft ( i tried with ADE but no result ) i check the world\scenery : i found the expected file

thnx in advance :)

2nd pic might look pretty good but it needs some tweakings
2019-2-3_17-54-27-642.png

2019-2-3_17-54-36-858.png

You need to create an elevation flatten at 0 elevation (or the elevation of the water). That's the ADE button with the green polygon on it.

Hope this helps,

Hello:

Are you saying that you were not satisfied with the shape of the shorelines in your CVX vector BGL ?

For complex CVX vector work with shorelines and water flattens in an area as large as this project, appears to be, IMHO, you would be better able to achieve your goal with SBuilderX rather than with ADE.

You must "Exclude and Replace" underlying default FSX / P3D CVX vector scenery objects to achieve proper scenery display.

If you have found the default CVX vector BGL in the [FS install path]\Scenery\[Area Number]\Scenery sub-folder, that can be decompiled via Patrick Germain's CvxExtractor into ESRI *.SHP files.

Those ESRI *.SHP files exported by CvxExtractor can then be 'Appended' to a new empty project in SBuilderX.

In SBuilderX, you can display Terrain SDK Quad LOD-9 / QMID-11 Grid Lines as a guide for placing 'Excludes' for the local CVX vector Hydro Polys (HP*.SHP), Hydro Shorelines (HL*SHP.), Flatten (FL*.SHP), and Exclude (*.EX.*SHP) etc.

You can also make changes to the 'Appended' CVX vector Hydro Polys (HP*.SHP), Hydro Shorelines (HL*SHP.), Flattens (FL*.SHP), and Excludes (*.EX.*SHP) over a precisely Geo-referenced photo-real imagery background, then output 1 or more
'Replacement' CVX vector BGLs to modify the FS scenery area properly.

Please study the tutorials by Luis Feliz-Tirado for details on how to do this; they are cited / linked in this thread:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/black-water-and-several-other-issues.440908/post-779992

GaryGB

Last edited: