• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Augsburg - EDMA

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
We started our new project just a few weeks ago and I'd like to share some first WIP images.

preview_secret_1.jpg

preview_secret_2.jpg

Can you guess the location? :p
(maybe those who it's obvious to, please give others a chance)

Country
germany
And one more from the progress. Startup ready. Also some other buildings are ready for textures but will show later ;)

2017-6-3_15-55-3-316.jpg

Country
germany
Hello guys,
sorry for being quite for such a long time here. Saw that the last post was over a year ago. We must change this :)
So here I got fresh new images from the building modeling including three screenshots out of blender. Notice that nearly 80% of the buildings are ready for textures. Just some hangar and more details like lamps need to be add.
Dave also had some progress on GP, but I guess he wil post something if there is a milestone ;)

untitled1.jpg

Terminal complex still needs to get more detail:

untitled2.jpg
untitled3.jpg

Last but not least here are two impressions of the scenery in p3dv4. Dont forget that this was just a quick test export :)

2018-7-6_16-55-4-273.jpg
2018-7-6_16-57-22-374.jpg

Hopefully you like what you see. We will inform you about news sooner than one year next time :D

Country
germany
Very nice modelling there!
I hope that you will match the color of the photoscenery to FTX Global / GES. At the moment it looks a bit colorless.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Very nice modelling there!
I hope that you will match the color of the photoscenery to FTX Global / GES. At the moment it looks a bit colorless.

What you see is the raw aerial imagery as it comes from the Bavarian geodata service. At the moment it is used for reference and will of course be enhanced.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello again,
Now that I'm back I thought I'd show some Ground Polygon shots.
Remember these are still work-in-progress although progress is a bit slow (sorry about that).

Ground markings are somewhat around 60-75% done, next are cracks and weathering.

Road side and parking lot:
parking_lot.jpg

Also I'd like to introduce full native FSX layered ground polygons as the following images show!

Departure point at sunset:
entry_25.jpg

Departure point in rainy conditions:
entry_25_rain.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Have a nice day.

Country
germany
Hello everyone,

hope you got a good start in 2019. Hopefully we can push Augsburg some steps further.
We want to share some fresh renders out of Blender. I finished all major buildings today. Some of them still need to get details like lamps etc.

First pic shows the factory of Airbus Helicopters at Augsburg. the second one gives you some detail on this buildings

untitled7.jpg

untitled10.jpg

Some movements to the East you can see the main terminal complex with some other buildings

untitled8.jpg

Finally I want to share the render of the tower.

untitled9.jpg

Next step is modeling the missing details and some other stuff. We got some more to share very soon. Stay tuned, hope you like the renders :)